Exotica Tourism Summit

Property worth lakhs gutted in fire in godown

  • 0

Property worth lakhs gutted in fire in godown

Friday, 24 January 2020 | PNS | CUTTACK

Properties worth lakhs of rupees were gutted in a major fire that broke out at an electronics godown at Badambadi here on Thursday.

According to sources, staffs of the godown and passersby spotted smoke emanating from the building and immediately informed the Fire Services about the fire.

Three fire tender rushed to the spot and were able to douse the flames. Fortunately, there were no casualties as firefighters rescued three persons trapped in the building.

Various electronic goods including fans and induction stoves were reduced to ashes in the blaze.

Though the exact reason behind the incident was yet to be ascertained, it was suspected that a short circuit triggered the fire, sources said.

Sunday Edition

India’s Quest for Energy Security

23 February 2020 | Dr Ashok Sharma | Agenda

Mughal prince with a heart

23 February 2020 | Pioneer | Agenda

Raghupati Raghav on the Banjo

23 February 2020 | Excerpt | Agenda

Astroturf | Lord Shiva: Existence personified

23 February 2020 | Bharat Bhushan Padmadeo | Agenda

When intelligence is artificial

23 February 2020 | Shalini Saksena | Sunday Pioneer

Talktime | ‘I avoid doing intimate scenes’

23 February 2020 | MUSBA HASHMI | Sunday Pioneer