Properties worth lakhs of rupees were gutted in a major fire that broke out at an electronics godown at Badambadi here on Thursday.
According to sources, staffs of the godown and passersby spotted smoke emanating from the building and immediately informed the Fire Services about the fire.
Three fire tender rushed to the spot and were able to douse the flames. Fortunately, there were no casualties as firefighters rescued three persons trapped in the building.
Various electronic goods including fans and induction stoves were reduced to ashes in the blaze.
Though the exact reason behind the incident was yet to be ascertained, it was suspected that a short circuit triggered the fire, sources said.