Amid the ongoing crisis, staying healthy is a task. More so, if you have recently recovered from an illness. Abhishek Otwal tells you how practicing yoga can help regain the lost strength and health
As written in the holy Bhagavad Gita, yoga is a practice to improve oneself physically and mentally both. In the recent times of this on-going health crisis wherein COVID-19 has taken a toll, nothing holds more value than a healthy lifestyle and a healthy well-being. Even after recovering from any disease, people find it difficult to get back on their routine because of slow healing process. Besides proper food and ample of sleep, adding yoga to daily routine is highly recommended by the healthcare professionals and experts for speedy recovery after suffering any a disease.
Yoga offers numerous rewards that improve our healthiness and secures our peace of mind. It improves our performance at workplace, has a positive impact on our personal relationships and helps us to maintain harmony with the surroundings in which we live. Today, millions of human beings who have fortunately recovered from several health crises especially Covid-19, which primarily attacks the respiratory system, must be thinking on how to regain their strength. The answer to this question is that performing yoga for recovery is an excellent aid during the convalescence period/process, as it helps to boost energy instantly. For anyone recovering from a dreaded disease, it is important that they slowly aim to regain their fitness through adapting different ways such as therapies, breathing exercises, meditation etc apart from medicinal support.
With the evolving practices of yoga, Therapeutic yog and Ayurveda can be a true healer for recovering patients. It refers to the application of techniques and practices to support people facing physical and mental health challenges.
Here are some benefits of yoga through which one can gradually improve their overall health and well-being:
- Transition from one asana to another, increases blood flow and circulation throughout the body leading to improved oxygen supply to the brain and other organs, promoting a healthy skin and cell growth.
- When people exercise, their natural immunity gets a boost. According to yoga experts, naturopathic therapeutics like yoga encourage bringing the body back into balance.
- Encouraging relaxation by way of yoga has the potential to help people sleep better, especially those who are coping up with any disease.
- Thearupatic meditation: Relaxation and mindfulness are the focus of meditation when it is combined with yoga poses. The yoga therapist attempts to calm the body and mind by providing a guided visualisation intended to bring inner peace.
- Yoga offers people a holistic way to unwind and relax. By practicing a simple sequence daily, the mind and body will naturally produce endorphins and release tension, therefore relaxing the mind.
The writer is a yoga expert