The Ganjam administration has issued Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for referral management of Covid-19 cases in the district.
The SOPs are:
- Suspected cases with symptoms: Advised for antigen/RT PCR test. If required, admitted in the isolation wards of CHCS/SDHS/MKCG Brahmapur.
- With no symptoms: The case will be advised to stay in home isolation under the supervision of RRT.
- With mild symptoms: The case will be advised to stay in home isolation under the supervision of RRT.
- With moderate symptoms: The case will be referred by RRT/MO to DCHC/ Covid Hospital.
- With severe symptoms: The case will be directly referred to dedicated Covid Hospital MKCG Brahmapur immediately.
- The case is to be referred with proper referral slip to appropriate centres communicated earlier.
- All Covid-19 positive cases will be referred by dedicated Covid ambulance. In the case of non-availability, 108 Ambulance will be utilised.
- All Superintendent of CHCs/SDHs have been directed to keep isolation beds ready with oxygen facilities positively.