China says ''shocked'' by WHO plan for COVID origins study

| | Beijing
  • 1

China says ''shocked'' by WHO plan for COVID origins study

Thursday, 22 July 2021 | AP | Beijing

China says ''shocked'' by WHO plan for COVID origins study

 A senior Chinese health official said Thursday he was shocked by the World Health Organisation's plan for the second phase of a COVID-19 origins study.

National Health Commission Vice Minister Zeng Yixin dismissed the lab leak theory as a rumor running counter to common sense.

The head of the WHO acknowledged last week that it was premature to rule out a potential link between the pandemic and a leak of the coronavirus from a Chinese lab.

Zeng called the theory a rumor that goes against science.

 

Sunday Edition

OTT: a win-win for All

01 August 2021 | Ajayya Kumar | Agenda

Out-of-Body experience

01 August 2021 | Hingori | Agenda

Art can be healing

01 August 2021 | Aarrti Zaveri | Agenda

God’s manifestations

01 August 2021 | Ajit Kumar Bishnoi | Agenda

Astroturf | Conscious empowerment

01 August 2021 | Bharat Bhushan Padmadeo | Agenda

Talktime | ‘I don’t have any complaints from the industry’

01 August 2021 | MUSBA HASHMI | Sunday Pioneer