Life Insurance Corporation of India has introduced a new health insurance plan — Arogya Rakshak — which is a non-linked, non-participating, regular premium, individual, health insurance plan.
This plan provides fixed benefit insurance cover against certain specified health risks and provides timely support in case of medical emergencies. It helps the insured and his family to remain financially independent in difficult times.
An individual can insure himself/herself (as Principal Insured), his/her spouse, all the children and parents under one policy. The plan is available for people between the ages of 18 to 65. The cover period is available for PI/spouse/parents up to age 80 years and for children up to 25 years.
It gives the following benefits under one policy:
- Flexible benefit limit to choose from.
- Flexible premium payment options.
- Valuable financial protection in case of hospitalisation, surgery et al.
- Lump-sum benefit irrespective of actual medical costs.
- Auto step-up benefit and no claim benefit.
- If more than one member is covered under a policy, a premium waiver for other insured(s) in case of unfortunate death of the original principal insured i.e. the policyholder at the inception of the policy.
- Premium waiver benefit for one year in the event of any insured undergoing surgery falling under Category I or Category II for certain major surgical benefits.
- Ambulance benefit.