A deer and three poachers were found on Thursday electrocuted in Chhattisgarh’s Raigarh district, police said. The men reportedly came in contact with a high voltage electric wire laid for poaching wild animals.
The incident took place on Wednesday night in Taraimal forest, Raigarh Additional Superintendent of Police Lakhan Pawar Patle said.
Preliminary investigation suggests the men may have laid the wire, carrying 1,100 kV power, to hunt animals. They got electrocuted while retrieving the carcass of a deer that had died after touching the wire.
The deceased were identified as Birbal Dhanwar (37), Anil Kujur (26) and Bodhan Tirkey (40), all residents of Raigarh, the officer said.