- No-confidence motion against Modi government defeated
- I want to assure people of Andhra Pradesh that they will not be left behind : PM
- I am 'chowkidar' and 'bhagidar', but not a 'saudagar' like you: PM to Rahul Gandh
- PM Modi to visit South Africa, attend BRICS Summit from July 23
- LS takes up for discussion no-trust vote against Modi govt
- Shiv Sena MPs to remain absent for no-trust motion against Modi govt
- India, US first '2+2 dialogue' on September 6: State Department
The Young India Fellowship (YIF), a one-year postgraduate programme in Liberal Studies at Ashoka University, announced the first call for applications for the eighth batch from August 25, 2017 onwards.
Eligibility: Those with a recognised undergraduate or postgraduate degree, those who are no more than 28 years of age on 31st May, 2018. The admission process is split into two rounds. The first round of admissions will begin on 25th August, 2017 and will close on 17th December, 2017. The second round of admissions will begin on 18th December, 2017 and end on 4th March, 2017. The selection process for the Young India Fellowship includes an application assessment, interview on the telephone, a comprehension test and a personal interview.
Candidates, who are screened through application assessment, will be interviewed over the telephone about the information furnished on their application. The last stage would include a comprehension test followed by a personal interview. Final selection will be based on the cumulative score of all the three rounds.
How to apply: Interested applicants can apply on www.youngindiafellowship.com
The final offers to selected candidates for the first round will be between February 1- March 25, 2018 and for second round will be between 26 March-June15, 2018. The programme begins on July 16, 2018.
Aakash Institute is conducting Aakash National Talent Hunt Exam (ANTHE) 2017. This unique scholarship exam is for Classes VIII, IX and X students and has joined hands with the Kaun Banega Crorepati 9 as its Knowledge Partner.
The exam is scheduled on October 29, 2017, Sunday, across 22 States. The last date of application is October 22, 2017 with a minimal examination fee of Rs 300 which can be paid through digital payment mode like PayTM. The exam will be of 360 marks, carrying 90 MCQs. These questions will test the knowledge of Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics and Mental Ability. From Classes VIII and IX studying students, top 50 students will be eligible for 100 per cent scholarship on tuition fee, admission fee and registration fee, top 150 students will also be eligible for cash awards.
From Class X studying students, top 500 students (medical) and top 1,000 students (engineering) will be eligible for 100 per cent scholarship on tuition fee, while top 150 students from each medical and engineering will also be eligible for cash awards. Students below top ranks mentioned above will be eligible for scholarship as per course prospectus.
- In brief 18 Jul 2018 | Pioneer
- Fortuner 18 Jul 2018 | Vinayak Bhatt
- Wanted Interns 18 Jul 2018 | Pioneer
- Study Centres 18 Jul 2018 | Pioneer
- Scholarships 18 Jul 2018 | Pioneer
- mindIT 18 Jul 2018 | Pallavi Prakash
- ‘E-teaching is a good option’ 18 Jul 2018 | SANA BAQAI
- Be enterprising 18 Jul 2018 | SANDEEP DUTTA
- Training for rural labour 18 Jul 2018 | PNS
- Data scientists in demand 18 Jul 2018 | PNS
Sunday EditionView All
15 Jul 2018 | PTI | New Delhi
Amid row over alleged use of derogatory language in a web series while referring to former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi, Congress chief Rahul Gandhi on Saturday said the BJP and the RSS believe that freedom of expression must be policed, while he regards it as a fundamental democratic right. “My father lived and died in the service of India...
STATE EDITIONSView All
21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | Raipur
Chief Minister Raman Singh on Friday expressed profound grief over the death of former State Finance Minister Dr Ramchandra Singhdeo. The Chief Minister reached the residence of legendary leader in the capital and paid floral tributes...