The advanced technology has re-shaped value chains by making people and information more accessible, and has re-defined how work gets done. The challenging criteria of the demographic profile of employees and shifting the expectations of the work experience has changes the traditional meaning of the term ‘go to work’.
The competitive opportunities for people to get employed remained uncertain and there is a huge demand of the skilled employees. The recent report of Youth4work throws insights on the talent scenario of the States in India. Various insights drawn with an aim to understand the talent scenario in the states can help skill development agencies, including training institutes and colleges, to plan measures that further improve the scenarios.
Rachit Jain, CEO of Youth4work.com said: “We consider talent is an individual’s inclination towards any productive skill that can be employed to generate income for the economy. We empower people to self-assess and showcase their talents to the world. People take up self-assessments to show a stronger intent towards a talent and understand their relative standing with respect to other talented people. The insights and suggestions in this report can help to improve the relevant employability scenarios in those states.”
Based on the analysis that considers number of people who self-assessed their talents, average rating for the talents and variation across and within states:
- The people of Tamil Nadu and Uttar Pradesh show less intent towards self-assessing their talents, whereas people in Maharashtra and Delhi take more initiatives to showcase their talents.
- People in all States recognise the importance of aptitude as a professional talent and make efforts to self-assess and improve the same.
- People in all States also seem to understand the need for soft skills related talents like English language and communication skills and make efforts to know and understand their relative position for them. People from Delhi have better communication skills than other states, whereas people from Uttar Pradesh have the most scope to improve. English language usage understanding, people from Karnataka comes out to be the best of the lot, whereas Andhra Pradesh lags in this as well. Delhi also leads ahead of all other States for aptitude, whereas Tamil Nadu stands last.
- In marketing skills also, people of Maharashtra are ahead of all crowd from other states, whereas people in Karnataka exhibit very cohesive performance.
Scenarios can provide the nature of the environments, where the complexity of players and situations which implements how a candidate’s ability.
- inbrief 08 Aug 2018 | Pioneer
- Fortuner 08 Aug 2018 | Vinayak Bhatt
- Wanted Interns 08 Aug 2018 | Pioneer
- Study Centres 08 Aug 2018 | Pioneer
- Scholarships 08 Aug 2018 | Pioneer
- MindIt 08 Aug 2018 | Pallavi Prakash
- Put on your dancing shoes 08 Aug 2018 | MONIKA THAKUR
- Foreign link 08 Aug 2018 | Dr Prashant Bhalla
- Nguru assessment workshop 08 Aug 2018 | PNS
- Skill development initiative 08 Aug 2018 | PNS
Sunday EditionView All
12 Aug 2018 | Kestur Vasuki | Bengaluru
Karnataka Chief Minister HD Kumaraswamy who is facing wrath from the farmers in the State, in an appealing gesture planted paddy saplings in solidarity on Saturday. He chose Aralukuppe village in Mandya district the heart land of vokkaliga politics sowed paddy saplings in a muddied agriculture field amidst a large gathering...
STATE EDITIONSView All
14 Aug 2018 | PNS | BHUBANESWAR
Governor Prof Ganeshi Lal released Odia version of ‘Exam Warriors’, written by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, here on Monday. Releasing the book, the Governor said a common child can build self a superman by strong commitment and will power...