- 15 injured as makeshift tent collapses during Modi's Midnapore rally, PM visits hospital.
- Our government working to double farmer income by 2022: PM Modi
- Journalist Upendra Rai arrested by CBI in fresh case of alleged corruption: Officials
- Kerala church scandal: SC to hear tomorrow anticipatory bail plea of priest
Creating a nation of readers
The basic stepping stone to a child’s education is his ability to read. Unfortunately, this skill is not taught as effectively when it comes to primary Indian education in NDMC schools. Stones2Milestone, an organisation in the educational space, has, therefore, come up with the ReadVantage Programme — forming a curriculum that correctly teaches students how to to read and also enhances their love for reading.
“Teachers do not teach students how to read. They assume that they will understand what words sound like as they go along their education and go into higher classes.
This assumption is not correct and this indifference can change the entire prospect of reading for the student in his entire educational journey,” Aditi Mehta, curriculum head of Stones2Milestons, says.
At present, there are numerous English language learning courses, books, apps organisation offers in an integrated in-school programme with the help of Teach for India (TFI). The 47 volunteers will hold the course for each school year, and teach the students how to read, using the curriculum, books and training. provides them after years of experience and research. The TFI has provided graduates from top colleges to serve as full-time teachers to children from low income communities in some of the nation’s most under resourced Government schools. The project will be held for students from ages three to nine and will be provided free of charge to schools teaching under privileged. In the year 2017-18, the project is estimated to benefit up to 60 schools and over 5,300 children across Delhi-NCR, Jhansi, Baroda, Raipur, Bangalore and Mumbai.
- In brief 11 Jul 2018 | Pioneer
- Fortuner 11 Jul 2018 | Vinayak Bhatt
- Wanted interns 11 Jul 2018 | Pioneer
- Study Centres 11 Jul 2018 | Pioneer
- Scholarship 11 Jul 2018 | Pioneer
- Mindit 11 Jul 2018 | Pioneer
- How to avoid interview jitters 11 Jul 2018 | Amol Arora
- Ace the exam 11 Jul 2018 | Ramesh Batlish
- Induction programme at IMS 11 Jul 2018 | PNS
- VIT students get dream offers 11 Jul 2018 | PNS
Sunday EditionView All
15 Jul 2018 | PTI | New Delhi
Amid row over alleged use of derogatory language in a web series while referring to former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi, Congress chief Rahul Gandhi on Saturday said the BJP and the RSS believe that freedom of expression must be policed, while he regards it as a fundamental democratic right. “My father lived and died in the service of India...
STATE EDITIONSView All
17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
Phir Khule Akaash me Judde Ghataon Ke, Phir Hawaon Ke Dupatte Ho Gaye Jheene, a poetic event centered on creations about monsoon ‘Pranaam Pawas’ concluded in city. The event was organised by the Dushyant Kumar Memorial Manuscript Museum to welcome the monsoon season...