- 15 injured as makeshift tent collapses during Modi's Midnapore rally, PM visits hospital.
- Our government working to double farmer income by 2022: PM Modi
- Journalist Upendra Rai arrested by CBI in fresh case of alleged corruption: Officials
- Kerala church scandal: SC to hear tomorrow anticipatory bail plea of priest
Online recruitment activities in the month of July 2017 registered 13 per cent year-on-year growth, according to the Monster Employment Index. This is the highest growth recorded this year.
Among top growth sectors, Banking/Financial Services, Insurance (BFSI) continue to exhibit long-term growth chart with a 43 per cent year-on-year. Month-on-month, demand in the BFSI sector moved up by marginal one percent in July 2017. This was followed by Consumer Goods/FMCG, Food & Packaged Food which witnessed a surge of 34 per cent in July 2017 from 33 percent in June 2017.
City-wise data shows that among metros, Kolkata (up 45 per cent) continued to lead the long-term growth even in June 2017. Mumbai (up 12 per cent) was the only tier-I city to exhibit double-digit annual growth followed by Hyderabad (up 6 per cent).
The annual growth trend in Delhi-NCR (down 4 per cent) exhibited the steepest decline. Chennai (down 2 per cent) continued to hover below the corresponding period a year ago, while Bangalore (up 3 per cent) continued to grow at the same annual growth rate as June 2017. Baroda (up 33 per cent) followed by Ahmedabad (up 16 per cent) recorded some of the steepest year-on-year growth.
Commenting on the trends, Sanjay Modi, managing director, monster.com, APAC & Middle-East said: “India is on the verge of transformation due to digital disruption and implementation of GST as a major economic reform. This has led to a positive trend in online recruitment activity. Our Index for July has captured this sentiment and reported an uptrend of 13 percent y-o-y growth in hiring, the highest recorded this year.”
- In brief 11 Jul 2018 | Pioneer
- Fortuner 11 Jul 2018 | Vinayak Bhatt
- Wanted interns 11 Jul 2018 | Pioneer
- Study Centres 11 Jul 2018 | Pioneer
- Scholarship 11 Jul 2018 | Pioneer
- Mindit 11 Jul 2018 | Pioneer
- How to avoid interview jitters 11 Jul 2018 | Amol Arora
- Ace the exam 11 Jul 2018 | Ramesh Batlish
- Induction programme at IMS 11 Jul 2018 | PNS
- VIT students get dream offers 11 Jul 2018 | PNS
Sunday EditionView All
15 Jul 2018 | PTI | New Delhi
Amid row over alleged use of derogatory language in a web series while referring to former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi, Congress chief Rahul Gandhi on Saturday said the BJP and the RSS believe that freedom of expression must be policed, while he regards it as a fundamental democratic right. “My father lived and died in the service of India...
STATE EDITIONSView All
17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
Phir Khule Akaash me Judde Ghataon Ke, Phir Hawaon Ke Dupatte Ho Gaye Jheene, a poetic event centered on creations about monsoon ‘Pranaam Pawas’ concluded in city. The event was organised by the Dushyant Kumar Memorial Manuscript Museum to welcome the monsoon season...