- 15 injured as makeshift tent collapses during Modi's Midnapore rally, PM visits hospital.
- Our government working to double farmer income by 2022: PM Modi
- Journalist Upendra Rai arrested by CBI in fresh case of alleged corruption: Officials
- Kerala church scandal: SC to hear tomorrow anticipatory bail plea of priest
The Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Rohtak hosted its first Mumbai management conclave on November 11. The purpose of the conclave was to augment the interface between academe and industry for the transformation of the business environment in India. Several industry stalwarts and top academics from IIMs participated in this conclave. The key discussion was around innovation and how it can help transform the business environment. More than 15 industry stalwarts and IIM faculties discussed how innovations can be fostered and commercialised successfully. Among the key invitees who spoke at the event were Sonali Dhawan, marketing director P&G, Prabhat Agarwal, CEO Alkem labs, Pia Shome, VP RBL bank; Pia Shome, VP, RBL Bank; Bal Mukand Singh, AVP-HR, HDFC Ergo, and Rajesh Dubey, President Alkem Labs among others. GST being an innovative tax reform was also discussed. Academics and industry stalwarts discussed how GST may help transform consumption behaviour, business environment, and investment in India. Prof Dheeraj Sharma, director, IIM-Rohtak said that “GST is an innovation. It is innovation in tax collection and governance. He said new changes in GST are likely to further stimulate consumer demand by cutting inflation, improve investment environment in India, and encourage better tax compliance among traders and small businesses.”
Overall, the summit was a major step toward developing an understanding of the role of innovation in business transformation and on GST. The students and faculty are likely to come up with a white paper on GST’s influence on business environment soon.
- In brief 11 Jul 2018 | Pioneer
- Fortuner 11 Jul 2018 | Vinayak Bhatt
- Wanted interns 11 Jul 2018 | Pioneer
- Study Centres 11 Jul 2018 | Pioneer
- Scholarship 11 Jul 2018 | Pioneer
- Mindit 11 Jul 2018 | Pioneer
- How to avoid interview jitters 11 Jul 2018 | Amol Arora
- Ace the exam 11 Jul 2018 | Ramesh Batlish
- Induction programme at IMS 11 Jul 2018 | PNS
- VIT students get dream offers 11 Jul 2018 | PNS
Sunday EditionView All
15 Jul 2018 | PTI | New Delhi
Amid row over alleged use of derogatory language in a web series while referring to former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi, Congress chief Rahul Gandhi on Saturday said the BJP and the RSS believe that freedom of expression must be policed, while he regards it as a fundamental democratic right. “My father lived and died in the service of India...
STATE EDITIONSView All
16 Jul 2018 | Amitabh Shukla | New Delhi
Branching off the main Delhi-Chandigarh-Shimla highway on National Highway 22, which some still call by its earlier name of Hindustan-Tibet Road, are three quaint hill stations—Kasauli, Dagshai and Subathu—all military cantonments, which you cannot miss if you are a travel enthusiast. The charm of long leisurely walks, chirping of all varieties of colorful birds, smell of wild and exotic flowers, the fresh coat of green on leaves when it rains, the...