- A MiG 21 fighter jet crashes in Kangra district of Himachal Pradesh: Police.
- Govt is ready for discussion on any issue raised by different political parties: PM Modi
- PM Narendra Modi calls for extensive discussion on important issues of national interest
- Two bodies pulled out of rubble of six-storey under-construction building that collapsed
Offline mode reactions
The JEE (Main) 2018 offline paper was held on April 8, 2018 across 112 cities. The exam started at 9:30 am.
- Students were not allowed to carry anything inside examination hall except Admit Card. Those having proper medical prescription were allowed water bottles.
- Metal detectors were used at the entry gate and no bags or wrist watches were allowed inside.
- Ball point pens were given inside the examination Hall.
- Wall clock was provided inside the examination hall.
- No errors were reported from students.
Reactions from students
- There were no changes in the pattern of Paper -1 of JEE (Main) compared to previous years.
- The paper had three sections - Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics with 30 questions from each subject.
- Marking scheme was +4 marks for correct answer, - 1 for incorrect answer and zero if not attempted.
- All 90 questions were of multiple choice with single correct answer objective type.
- The level of difficult as per feedback of students:
- Physics - Medium
- Chemistry - Easy (Mostly NCERT based)
- Mathematics - Medium
- As compared to last year paper was relatively tougher as per students but as per the FIITJEE experts the paper was easy to moderate level.
Expected cut-off could be 86 marks out of 360 in Paper-1 of JEE Main 2018 for general category.
- In brief 18 Jul 2018 | Pioneer
- Fortuner 18 Jul 2018 | Vinayak Bhatt
- Wanted Interns 18 Jul 2018 | Pioneer
- Study Centres 18 Jul 2018 | Pioneer
- Scholarships 18 Jul 2018 | Pioneer
- mindIT 18 Jul 2018 | Pallavi Prakash
- ‘E-teaching is a good option’ 18 Jul 2018 | SANA BAQAI
- Be enterprising 18 Jul 2018 | SANDEEP DUTTA
- Training for rural labour 18 Jul 2018 | PNS
- Data scientists in demand 18 Jul 2018 | PNS
Sunday EditionView All
15 Jul 2018 | PTI | New Delhi
Amid row over alleged use of derogatory language in a web series while referring to former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi, Congress chief Rahul Gandhi on Saturday said the BJP and the RSS believe that freedom of expression must be policed, while he regards it as a fundamental democratic right. “My father lived and died in the service of India...
STATE EDITIONSView All
18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | RAIPUR
A two-month-old infant died due to suffocation after the door of the ‘108 Ambulance Service’ that was carrying him to a hospital malfunctioned and failed to open on time at Dr Bhimrao Ambedkar Hospital here on Tuesday. The Ambulance operators tried to open the door for a couple of hours but failed to open it on time...