A social media study — Guys are Ok, Are Girls — conducted by the BharatMatrimony, attempted to bust some myths about what is acceptable to guys when it comes to finding a life partner. The survey witnessed over 1,000 responses. Some of the key insights from the survey:
- Guys say that nature, honesty and maturity levels of a girl are much more important to them than her looks.
- 90% of the audience, including 45% of girls, have said that men are ready to support their spouse pursuing her career seriously.
- 95% respondents, including 38% girls, said guys are okay with their wife supporting her parents financially, even after marriage.
- 95% respondents feel that age has nothing to do with maturity and nature and hence they are fine with the girl being older than them.
- Most guys say that they would treat their in-laws just the way they treat their parents.
- 70% respondents, including 30% girls, feel guys are okay being compared to their father-in-law since it means that they are being trusted enough and are considered to be mature. 25% girls felt that guys may not be okay with the comparison
- A whopping 90% of the respondents, including 36% girls, said that guys would cook a meal if their wife came home late from work at times.
- An unbelievable 80%, including 30% girls, agree that guys would love to go shopping with their beloved and even help her pick the right kind of clothes for her.
- All guys who participated in this campaign said that they would help share the household work so that the entire household work does not become a burden on just her shoulders.
- 70% audience agreed that guys respect the individuality of their wife and would not compare her with their mom. However, 30% men disagreed.
Kaushik Tiwari, Head of Marketing at Matrimony.com said: “We’ve always tried to be close to our audience to understand what they think about marriage, their expectations and challenges in finding a match. This campaign broke stereotypes about guys looking to get married and the insight was pretty interesting.”
- In brief 18 Jul 2018 | Pioneer
- Fortuner 18 Jul 2018 | Vinayak Bhatt
- Wanted Interns 18 Jul 2018 | Pioneer
- Study Centres 18 Jul 2018 | Pioneer
- Scholarships 18 Jul 2018 | Pioneer
- mindIT 18 Jul 2018 | Pallavi Prakash
- ‘E-teaching is a good option’ 18 Jul 2018 | SANA BAQAI
- Be enterprising 18 Jul 2018 | SANDEEP DUTTA
- Training for rural labour 18 Jul 2018 | PNS
- Data scientists in demand 18 Jul 2018 | PNS
Sunday EditionView All
22 Jul 2018 | AFP | tehran
Iran’s supreme leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei said on Saturday that negotiations with the United States are “useless” because it does not abide by agreements. “As I have previously said, we cannot trust in the words of the United States and even in their signature, so negotiations with the United States are useless,” Khamenei told a gathering of Iranian diplomats in Tehran...
STATE EDITIONSView All
22 Jul 2018 | Pioneer News Service | Lucknow
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Saturday targeted the entire opposition, questioning the motive behind the no-confidence motion moved by the opposition in the Lok Sabha. Addressing a Kisan Kalyan Rally in Shahjahanpur on Saturday afternoon, Modi said the people of the country trusted him and his government but some political parties did not...