- A MiG 21 fighter jet crashes in Kangra district of Himachal Pradesh: Police.
- Govt is ready for discussion on any issue raised by different political parties: PM Modi
- PM Narendra Modi calls for extensive discussion on important issues of national interest
- Two bodies pulled out of rubble of six-storey under-construction building that collapsed
VIT students get dream offers
On the first day of campus placement at Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT), three IT companies — Microsoft, DE Shaw & Co. and PayPal — have recruited 16 candidates from the 2019 BTech graduating batch with a dream offer. The highest super dream offer of Rs 39 lakh per annum was given by Microsoft to eight students. DE Shaw & Co recruited one student with a dream offer of Rs 33 lakh per annum while PayPal gave a dream offer of Rs 21.5 lakh per annum to seven students.
The campus recruitment process of super dream companies (CTC of more than Rs 10 lakh per annum) would continue till the first week of August, and more than 30 companies in this category are expected to visit VIT for their recruitment. This process will be followed by the visit of dream companies (IT and core) that offer more than Rs 5 lakh per annum.
MTech internship placements for 2019 graduates took place in June, with 60 companies recruiting 507 MTech students with internship stipend ranging from Rs 10,000 to Rs 45,000. Intel has recruited 147 MTech students for internship this year. A total of 487 companies were involved in the recruitment last year, while more than 500 companies are expected to visit VIT for the recruitment exercise till May 2019.
- In brief 18 Jul 2018 | Pioneer
- Fortuner 18 Jul 2018 | Vinayak Bhatt
- Wanted Interns 18 Jul 2018 | Pioneer
- Study Centres 18 Jul 2018 | Pioneer
- Scholarships 18 Jul 2018 | Pioneer
- mindIT 18 Jul 2018 | Pallavi Prakash
- ‘E-teaching is a good option’ 18 Jul 2018 | SANA BAQAI
- Be enterprising 18 Jul 2018 | SANDEEP DUTTA
- Training for rural labour 18 Jul 2018 | PNS
- Data scientists in demand 18 Jul 2018 | PNS
Sunday EditionView All
15 Jul 2018 | PTI | New Delhi
Amid row over alleged use of derogatory language in a web series while referring to former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi, Congress chief Rahul Gandhi on Saturday said the BJP and the RSS believe that freedom of expression must be policed, while he regards it as a fundamental democratic right. “My father lived and died in the service of India...
STATE EDITIONSView All
19 Jul 2018 | PNS | Dehradun
The court ordered anti-encroachment drive continued in Dehradun with 280 encroachments being demolished and 185 being marked on Wednesday. A total of 2196 encroachments have been demolished, 4674 have been marked and 88 buildings have been sealed so far...