- A MiG 21 fighter jet crashes in Kangra district of Himachal Pradesh: Police.
- Govt is ready for discussion on any issue raised by different political parties: PM Modi
- PM Narendra Modi calls for extensive discussion on important issues of national interest
- Two bodies pulled out of rubble of six-storey under-construction building that collapsed
BUSINESS & FINANCE
Key Indian equity indices open in green
The key Indian equity market indices on Thursday opened higher amid global trade tensions leaving financial markets in a state of uncertainty.
The Sensitive Index (Sensex) of the BSE, which had closed at 36,265.93 points on Wednesday, opened higher at 36,424.23 points.
Minutes into trading, it was quoting at 36,447.95 points, up by 182.02 points, or 0.50 per cent.
At the National Stock Exchange (NSE), the broader 51-scrip Nifty, which had closed at 10,948.30 points on Wednesday, was quoting at 11,005.15 points, up by 56.85 points or 0.52 per cent.
Amid volatility, the key Indian equity indices had settled flat on Wednesday tracking weak global cues. In the global markets, investor sentiments were weighed down by the ongoing trade tensions between the US and China.
The Sensex was up by 26.31 points or 0.07 per cent at the Wednesday's closing. In the day's trade, the barometer 30-scrip sensitive index had touched a high of 36,362.30 points and a low of 36,169.70 points. The Nifty, too, was up by 70 points or 0.65 per cent.
Overnight, Nasdaq was down by 0.55 per cent at closing on Wednesday while FTSE 100 also closed in red, down by 1.30 per cent.
- No proposal before TRAI to amend interconnection usage charges 18 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Markets open on higher note on Wednesday 18 Jul 2018 | IANS
- How the PM Awas Yojana is transforming the home-buying process 18 Jul 2018 | Agencies
- Airbus appoints new India head for its helicopters business 17 Jul 2018 | IANS
- India asks Oman to cut customs duties on chemical products 17 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Delhi airport dues: Civil Aviation Min to hold discussions with Home Min 17 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Technoology driving BFSI sector to grow: TCS 17 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Finmin approves Rs 11,336 cr capital infusion in 5 PSU Banks 17 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Tata Motors introduces AMT in Nexon mid-variant 17 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Nestle India market cap crosses Rs 1 lakh cr 17 Jul 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
15 Jul 2018 | PTI | New Delhi
Amid row over alleged use of derogatory language in a web series while referring to former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi, Congress chief Rahul Gandhi on Saturday said the BJP and the RSS believe that freedom of expression must be policed, while he regards it as a fundamental democratic right. “My father lived and died in the service of India...
STATE EDITIONSView All
18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | RAIPUR
A two-month-old infant died due to suffocation after the door of the ‘108 Ambulance Service’ that was carrying him to a hospital malfunctioned and failed to open on time at Dr Bhimrao Ambedkar Hospital here on Tuesday. The Ambulance operators tried to open the door for a couple of hours but failed to open it on time...