- A MiG 21 fighter jet crashes in Kangra district of Himachal Pradesh: Police.
- Govt is ready for discussion on any issue raised by different political parties: PM Modi
- PM Narendra Modi calls for extensive discussion on important issues of national interest
- Two bodies pulled out of rubble of six-storey under-construction building that collapsed
BUSINESS & FINANCE
Aadhaar helped save Rs 90,000 cr, says UIDAI chairman
India has so far saved over Rs.90,000 crore with the use of Aadhaar, UIDAI Chairman J. Satyanarayana said on Wednesday.
On an average, around three crore people are using Aadhaar every day and it is primarily used for ration, pension, rural employment, and scholarships, he said at in his address at an international conference on digital identity, with a special focus on Aadhaar.
The three-day conference being organised by the Indian School of Business (ISB) began on Wednesday.
Satyanarayana, in his key-note address, said that more than Rs 90,000 crore are estimated as reported savings or gains by the Departments of Petroleum & Natural Gas, Food & Public Distribution, Rural Development and others.
Emphasising that the governance system has constantly been changing with the growth of technology and that the country was moving towards a scenario of "invisible governance", he underlined the need for research in some areas.
"We will need further research in creating more efficient bio-metric identification systems; security of Aadhaar eco-system; improvement in processes of enrolment, updating, and authentication; operation in areas with challenged networks and use of artificial intelligence and machine learning for fraud detection and prevention."
The objective of the conference is to showcase the research work done by the Digital Identity Research Initiative (DIRI)at the ISB. DIRI's research especially focuses on Aadhaar and explores the pros and cons of the ecosystem.
Ashwini Chhatre, Executive Director, DIRI, set the context for the international conference, in which around 150 researchers on digital identity from India and abroad are participating.
- No proposal before TRAI to amend interconnection usage charges 18 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Markets open on higher note on Wednesday 18 Jul 2018 | IANS
- How the PM Awas Yojana is transforming the home-buying process 18 Jul 2018 | Agencies
- Airbus appoints new India head for its helicopters business 17 Jul 2018 | IANS
- India asks Oman to cut customs duties on chemical products 17 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Delhi airport dues: Civil Aviation Min to hold discussions with Home Min 17 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Technoology driving BFSI sector to grow: TCS 17 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Finmin approves Rs 11,336 cr capital infusion in 5 PSU Banks 17 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Tata Motors introduces AMT in Nexon mid-variant 17 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Nestle India market cap crosses Rs 1 lakh cr 17 Jul 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
15 Jul 2018 | PTI | New Delhi
Amid row over alleged use of derogatory language in a web series while referring to former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi, Congress chief Rahul Gandhi on Saturday said the BJP and the RSS believe that freedom of expression must be policed, while he regards it as a fundamental democratic right. “My father lived and died in the service of India...
STATE EDITIONSView All
18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | RAIPUR
A two-month-old infant died due to suffocation after the door of the ‘108 Ambulance Service’ that was carrying him to a hospital malfunctioned and failed to open on time at Dr Bhimrao Ambedkar Hospital here on Tuesday. The Ambulance operators tried to open the door for a couple of hours but failed to open it on time...