Case against Airtel for power theft
Police has registered a case against telecom giant Airtel for allegedly stealing electricity from rival BSNL in Kargil district of Jammu and Kashmir following a complaint by the the public sector company. Bharti Airtel, however, denied the allegations.
“On 3 August 2018, a written complaint was received from BSNL authorities at Kargil regarding tapping and theft of electricity from the transformer used exclusively by BSNL for its mobile tower by Airtel tower at Chanigund in Kargil,” a police spokesman said on Sunday.
He said SSP Kargil T Gyalpo constituted a team headed by DySP Kargil Ishtyaq A Kacho and accompanied by Executive Engineer PDD Kargil Mohammad Altaf.
“On visiting the spot, the team found that the Airtel tower was connected illegally to the BSNL transformer through a cable and Airtel was actually consuming illegally the electric supply meant exclusively for the BSNL tower at Chanigund,” the spokesman said.
- India PC market grew 28% in Apr-Jun, notebook demand strong: IDC 18 Aug 2018 | PTI
- PE investments witness positive trend 18 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Supertech to invest Rs 800 cr this fiscal on construction 18 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Ashok Leyland bags order for 300 buses from Bangladesh 18 Aug 2018 | PTI
- FSSAI ropes in expert panel to review food labelling standards 18 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Business Corner 18 Aug 2018 | Agencies
- Traders shut shops to pay homage to Vajpayee 18 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Sensex surges 284 pts, Nifty hits new high 18 Aug 2018 | PTI
- GAIL seeks foray into solar plants 18 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Air India pilots threaten to stop ops on flying allowance dues 18 Aug 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
19 Aug 2018 | Kumar Chellappan
A succession war is brewing in the DMK after Karunanidhi’s death, with both Stalin and Alagiri staking a claim to their father’s political legacy. This, along with the churning in the AIADMK after Jayalalithaa’s death, is bound to have an impact on the political landscape of Tamil Nadu in the run-up to 2019 Lok Sabha polls, writes Kumar Chellappan Tamil Nadu politics sans Muthuvel Karunanidhi is like the drama Hamlet without...
STATE EDITIONSView All
19 Aug 2018 | PNS | Ranchi
Yet another girl from the Capital City Khushboo Vijay became the winner of Miss India International Global 2018 and will be representing India next year in Malaysia 2019 for World Finale. The event was held in Guwahati on August 2018...