BUSINESS & FINANCE
Deals platforms Nearbuy, Little Internet merge operations
Deals platforms Nearbuy and Little Internet have merged their operations with Paytm picking up a majority stake in this combined entity, the financial services platform said today.
"Paytm's strategic holding in Nearbuy-Little will provide Paytm's merchant partners an opportunity to offer deals to acquire new customers and grow their business," Paytm said in a statement.
Financial details of the deal were not disclosed. Paytm was an existing investor in Little.
The deal will create India’s largest discovery and deals platform for local merchants, it said.
Existing shareholders of Nearbuy, including Sequoia India, will also become shareholders of the merged entity, it added.
Nearbuy and Little work with over 40,000 merchants across categories like food, beauty and travel.
Paytm will also showcase a large number of deals on its platforms for consumers.
"This combination of Nearbuy and Little marks a great opportunity for us to reinforce our commitment to support small and large retailers in the new age of mobile commerce and Payments," Paytm founder and CEO Vijay Shekhar Sharma said.
- Key Indian equity market indices open in red 16 Aug 2018 | IANS
- Comfortable forex reserves to deal with undue Re volatility: Jaitley 15 Aug 2018 | PTI
- India to be engine of world growth for 3 decades: PM Modi 15 Aug 2018 | PTI
- RIL races past TCS to become most valued firm again 14 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Issues of US companies regarding railway clearances, GST will be resolved: Goyal 14 Aug 2018 | PTI
- RJIL to start selling JioPhone 2 online from Aug 16 14 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Jet Airways' pilots seek details of turnaround strategy 14 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Exports up 14.32 pc in July to USD 25.77 bn 14 Aug 2018 | PTI
- GDP likely to expand by 7.4% in FY'19: Ficci survey 14 Aug 2018 | PTI
- SpiceJet posts net loss of Rs 38.06 cr in Jun qtr 14 Aug 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
12 Aug 2018 | Kestur Vasuki | Bengaluru
Karnataka Chief Minister HD Kumaraswamy who is facing wrath from the farmers in the State, in an appealing gesture planted paddy saplings in solidarity on Saturday. He chose Aralukuppe village in Mandya district the heart land of vokkaliga politics sowed paddy saplings in a muddied agriculture field amidst a large gathering...
STATE EDITIONSView All
15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | Raipur
State of Chhattisgarh is moving faster from malnutrition to normal. But on the path, to achieve the target cooperation of all is required, said women and child development minister Ramsheela Sahu...