BUSINESS & FINANCE
Equity indices open in red on weak Asian cues
The key Indian equity indices opened on a negative note on Monday tracking a similar trend in the Asian markets.
Heavy selling pressure was witnessed in banking, auto and metal stocks, analysts said.
At 9.30 a.m. the wider Nifty50 on the National Stocks Exchange traded at 11,362.50 points, lower by 67 points or 0.59 per cent from its previous close.
The S&P BSE Sensex which had opened at 37,693.19 points, traded at 37,640.68 points (9.30 a.m.), lower by 228.55 points or 0.60 per cent from the previous close of 37,869.23 points.
It has touched a high of 37,693.19 points and a low of 37,581.07 points so far.
- India will be back on 7.5% plus growth track this fiscal: Virmani 19 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Intel India trains 99,000 people in artificial intelligence 19 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Rupee might stabilise at 68-69 a dollar: Garg 18 Aug 2018 | PTI
- FCCU shutdown not impacting Jamnagar refining biz:RIL 18 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Infosys CFO Ranganath resigns 18 Aug 2018 | PTI
- India clocked 10.08 pc growth under Manmohan Singh's tenure, shows data 17 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Operators must pay attention to cyber security, reasonableness of charges: Patel 17 Aug 2018 | PTI
- PVR completes acquisition of 71.6% stake of SPI Cinemas 17 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Apollo ties up with Microsoft for AI-powered CDV Risk Score 17 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Jet Airways board to meet on Aug 27 to consider June quarter results 17 Aug 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
19 Aug 2018 | Kumar Chellappan
A succession war is brewing in the DMK after Karunanidhi’s death, with both Stalin and Alagiri staking a claim to their father’s political legacy. This, along with the churning in the AIADMK after Jayalalithaa’s death, is bound to have an impact on the political landscape of Tamil Nadu in the run-up to 2019 Lok Sabha polls, writes Kumar Chellappan Tamil Nadu politics sans Muthuvel Karunanidhi is like the drama Hamlet without...
STATE EDITIONSView All
19 Aug 2018 | PNS | Ranchi
Yet another girl from the Capital City Khushboo Vijay became the winner of Miss India International Global 2018 and will be representing India next year in Malaysia 2019 for World Finale. The event was held in Guwahati on August 2018...