- A MiG 21 fighter jet crashes in Kangra district of Himachal Pradesh: Police.
- Govt is ready for discussion on any issue raised by different political parties: PM Modi
- PM Narendra Modi calls for extensive discussion on important issues of national interest
- Two bodies pulled out of rubble of six-storey under-construction building that collapsed
IKEA postpones launch of first India store
Leading Swedish home furnishings retailer IKEA has postponed the launch of its first India store here to August 9, it was announced on Friday.
The company said that it moved the opening date from July 19 to August 9 as it needed more time to live up to its expected quality commitments towards customers and co-workers.
"Our main priority is to create an inspiring and safe experience for both customers and co-workers. Opening the first Indian IKEA store in Hyderabad means a lot to IKEA and we want to offer the best possible meeting with IKEA for the many Indian customers," said Peter Betzel CEO, IKEA Retail India.
The company officials had earlier said that the store, spread over 13 acres with a built up space of 4,00,000 square feet, will feature over 7,000 IKEA products of which almost 2,000 will be priced below Rs 200.
The store will also have a 1,000-seater restaurant which is IKEA's largest in over 400 stores it has globally.
The store is coming with an investment of Rs 1,000 crore. It will create direct jobs for 800 people -- half of them, the company promises, will be women.
Headquartered in The Netherlands, IKEA designs and sells ready-to-assemble furniture, kitchen appliances and home accessories, and is considered to be the largest furniture retailer in the world.
The company officials said last year that they plan to open 25 stores in India by 2025.
The next store will come up in Mumbai in 2019. This will be bigger than the Hyderabad store with five lakh square feet.
- BusinessCorner 18 Jul 2018 | Agencies
- Digital security staff crisis top inhibitor to innovation: Survey 18 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Govt doubles import duty on over 50 textile products 18 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Finmin likely to infuse about Rs 10K cr soon in PSU banks 18 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Jet Airways places additional orders for 737 MAX aircraft 18 Jul 2018 | IANS
- Rolls-Royce reveals plans for ‘flying taxi’ 18 Jul 2018 | Agencies
- IDBI Bank to seek Govt nod for LIC’s stake purchase 18 Jul 2018 | IANS
- Business Corner 18 Jul 2018 | Agencies
- BEL inks marketing pact with Saab 18 Jul 2018 | PNS
- Oil prices lift equity indices 18 Jul 2018 | IANS
Sunday EditionView All
15 Jul 2018 | PTI | New Delhi
Amid row over alleged use of derogatory language in a web series while referring to former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi, Congress chief Rahul Gandhi on Saturday said the BJP and the RSS believe that freedom of expression must be policed, while he regards it as a fundamental democratic right. “My father lived and died in the service of India...
STATE EDITIONSView All
18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | RAIPUR
A two-month-old infant died due to suffocation after the door of the ‘108 Ambulance Service’ that was carrying him to a hospital malfunctioned and failed to open on time at Dr Bhimrao Ambedkar Hospital here on Tuesday. The Ambulance operators tried to open the door for a couple of hours but failed to open it on time...