- A MiG 21 fighter jet crashes in Kangra district of Himachal Pradesh: Police.
- Govt is ready for discussion on any issue raised by different political parties: PM Modi
- PM Narendra Modi calls for extensive discussion on important issues of national interest
- Two bodies pulled out of rubble of six-storey under-construction building that collapsed
BUSINESS & FINANCE
IKEA to open first store in Hyderabad on July 19
Swedish furniture major IKEA is set to foray in India by opening its first store at Hyderabad on July 19.
Almost five years back, the company got a go-ahead from the government for its Rs 10,500 crore investment plan for setting up stores in India. The Hyderabad store has come up with an investment of Rs 1,000 crore.
According to a company spokesperson, IKEA aims to reach 200 million customers in India in the next three years.
She said there would be 1,000 direct and 1,500 indirect employment at the store and 50 per cent of them would be women.
At present, 20 per cent of the IKEA products are locally sourced and the long-term goal is to source 50 per cent or more, she added.
"In the long term, IKEA will focus on becoming a multichannel retailer of choice with big and small format stores and online presence (with) up to 30 big and small format stores by 2025," she said.
Going further, the company will launch stores in Mumbai, Bangalore, Delhi-NCR, Ahmedabad, Surat, Pune, Chennai and Kolkata.
"In the long term, we will expand in 40 plus Indian cites," the spokesperson said.
The company would also start online sales in 2019 from Mumbai, which will have a company store next year.
Although the company is sourcing from India from last 40 years, this would be its first presence in the single brand retail format here,
- No proposal before TRAI to amend interconnection usage charges 18 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Markets open on higher note on Wednesday 18 Jul 2018 | IANS
- How the PM Awas Yojana is transforming the home-buying process 18 Jul 2018 | Agencies
- Airbus appoints new India head for its helicopters business 17 Jul 2018 | IANS
- India asks Oman to cut customs duties on chemical products 17 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Delhi airport dues: Civil Aviation Min to hold discussions with Home Min 17 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Technoology driving BFSI sector to grow: TCS 17 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Finmin approves Rs 11,336 cr capital infusion in 5 PSU Banks 17 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Tata Motors introduces AMT in Nexon mid-variant 17 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Nestle India market cap crosses Rs 1 lakh cr 17 Jul 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
15 Jul 2018 | PTI | New Delhi
Amid row over alleged use of derogatory language in a web series while referring to former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi, Congress chief Rahul Gandhi on Saturday said the BJP and the RSS believe that freedom of expression must be policed, while he regards it as a fundamental democratic right. “My father lived and died in the service of India...
STATE EDITIONSView All
18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | RAIPUR
A two-month-old infant died due to suffocation after the door of the ‘108 Ambulance Service’ that was carrying him to a hospital malfunctioned and failed to open on time at Dr Bhimrao Ambedkar Hospital here on Tuesday. The Ambulance operators tried to open the door for a couple of hours but failed to open it on time...