BUSINESS & FINANCE
India INX to commence trading in gold options from Aug 30
BSE-promoted India International Exchange (India INX) will launch trading in gold options from August 30, a move which will allow investors an opportunity to hedge their risk without worrying about daily market volatility.
India INX, which has received regulator Sebi's nod to launch the product, has estimated that gold options, along with other gold contracts, would clock a daily average turnover of USD 35 million on the exchange's platform.
Recently, domestic commodity exchange MCX also said it has received Sebi's approval to commence trading in gold options contracts. The bourse is likely to launch the product by August-end.
"Gold options will give participants an opportunity to hedge their risk without worrying about daily volatility," India INX managing director and CEO V Balasubramaniam said in a statement here.
"This instrument will give buyer a right to buy or sell an underlier at a preset price on a future date," he added.
In June, Sebi had allowed options trading in commodities to deepen the market but permitted each exchange to launch options on futures of only one commodity initially.
Trading in options has been a long pending demand of the exchanges and market intermediaries. While the market watchdog had agreed to permit options trading last year itself, some legal requirements were holding back the move.
Sebi had stipulated necessary guidelines with regard to the product design and risk management framework to be adopted for trading in options on commodity futures.
India Inx began its operations on January 16, 2017 and is India's first International Exchange set up at GIFT City in Gandhinagar.
The exchange, which operates for 22 hours a day, allows international investors and Non-Residents Indians to trade in various asset classes including equities and derivatives from anywhere across the globe.
- Ola, Haryana govt sign pact to create 35K job opportunities 15 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Aadhaar biometric data cannot be hacked: Minister 15 Jul 2018 | IANS
- Housing sales in NCR up 23% in April-June over previous qtr : ANAROCK 15 Jul 2018 | PTI
- 'Infosys-Built Data analytics helps GoM decipher GST Defaulters' 14 Jul 2018 | PTI
- India to be $10 trillion economy by 2030: Garg 14 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Musk wants to visit India early 2019, will Modi have the time? 14 Jul 2018 | IANS
- US banks see mixed profits, little trade war hit so far 14 Jul 2018 | AFP
- Infosys net up 3.7 per cent in first quarter 13 Jul 2018 | IANS
- RIL's market cap breaches Rs 7 lakh-cr mark 13 Jul 2018 | PTI
- IKEA postpones launch of first India store 13 Jul 2018 | IANS
Sunday EditionView All
15 Jul 2018 | PTI | New Delhi
Amid row over alleged use of derogatory language in a web series while referring to former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi, Congress chief Rahul Gandhi on Saturday said the BJP and the RSS believe that freedom of expression must be policed, while he regards it as a fundamental democratic right. “My father lived and died in the service of India...
STATE EDITIONSView All
16 Jul 2018 | PNS | Indore
Hitting back at Congress leader Kamal Nath for writing to Lord Shiva to seek an end to the misrule in Madhya Pradesh, Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan on Sunday said such shallow tactics have caused the opposition party's downfall. "My friend in the Congress is opposing (us) for no reason...