India, Philippines ink four pacts, resolve to fight terrorism
India and the Philippines on Monday inked four pacts providing for cooperation in a number of areas, including the defence and security, after Prime Minister Narendra Modi held wide-ranging talks with President Rodrigo Duterte, covering an entire gamut of bilateral relationship.
Identifying terrorism as a major threat facing the two countries and the region, the two leaders also resolved to expand bilateral cooperation to effectively deal with the challenge. "Both the leaders said scourge of terrorism has to be dealt with effectively. It is a very important outcome," Secretary (East) in the Exernal Affairs Ministry Preeti Saran told reporters.
The Prime Minister described the meeting as "productive". "Had a productive meeting with President Rodrigo Duterte. We hadextensive discussions on enhancing India-Philippines bilateral cooperation especially in trade, business and culture," he tweeted.
- Rlys revised timetable: Many new niche trains on cards 15 Aug 2018 | PNS
- SC to hear TN’s plea against NGT order giving Vedanta access to Tuticorin plant 15 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Rupee fall due to economic mismanagement of Modi Govt, alleges Congress 15 Aug 2018 | PNS
- Cong dares PM to dissolve LS 15 Aug 2018 | PNS
- Tight security in Kashmir ahead of I-Day 15 Aug 2018 | Khursheed Wani
- Mamata raises NRC again, calls RSS for terror outfit 15 Aug 2018 | Saugar Sengupta
- Madras High Court orders CBI enquiry 15 Aug 2018 | Kumar Chellappan
- Stalin era begins in DMK 15 Aug 2018 | Kumar Chellappan
- BJP to launch enrolment campaign in Gujarat today 15 Aug 2018 | PNS
- Cong uses BJP’s ‘Beti Bachao’ slogan against Rajen Gohain 15 Aug 2018 | Anup Sharma
Sunday EditionView All
12 Aug 2018 | Kestur Vasuki | Bengaluru
Karnataka Chief Minister HD Kumaraswamy who is facing wrath from the farmers in the State, in an appealing gesture planted paddy saplings in solidarity on Saturday. He chose Aralukuppe village in Mandya district the heart land of vokkaliga politics sowed paddy saplings in a muddied agriculture field amidst a large gathering...
STATE EDITIONSView All
15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | Raipur
State of Chhattisgarh is moving faster from malnutrition to normal. But on the path, to achieve the target cooperation of all is required, said women and child development minister Ramsheela Sahu...