- 15 injured as makeshift tent collapses during Modi's Midnapore rally, PM visits hospital.
- Our government working to double farmer income by 2022: PM Modi
- Journalist Upendra Rai arrested by CBI in fresh case of alleged corruption: Officials
- Kerala church scandal: SC to hear tomorrow anticipatory bail plea of priest
BUSINESS & FINANCE
Infosys foundation to contribute Rs. 200 Cr for metro work
Infosys Foundation would contribute Rs 200 crore to the Bengaluru Metro Rail Corporation Ltd for construction of Konappana Agrahara Metro Station and metro railway track and both parties would sign an MoU on July 19, Chief Minister H D Kumaraswamy said today.
Dr Sudha Murthy, Chairperson, Infosys Foundation, called on the Chief Minister and held discussions on the matter, a government release said.
Sudha Murthy said Infosys foundation would maintain the station for the next 30 years.
The release said Kumaraswamy appreciated the initiatives of the Infosys Foundation for betterment of society.
Ramana Reddy, Principal Secretary to Chief Minister, was present, the release said.
A Bengaluru Metro Rail Corporation Ltd spokesperson told PTI that BMRCL has earmarked Rs 100 crore for construction of the Konappana Agrahara Railway Station.
The total length of the stretch of Metro Rail from RV Road Metro Station to Electronic City as part of the second phase of building metro rail network is 19.6 km.
The estimated cost of the elevated rail network project is Rs 1,794 crore and it is expected to be completed by mid-2021, the official said.
- India invites investments from Omani companies 16 Jul 2018 | IANS
- 'India earned Rs 18,000 cr every year through Basmati exports' 16 Jul 2018 | IANS
- ICICI Bank postpones AGM by over a month 16 Jul 2018 | PTI
- India Inc's Jan-Jun deal tally at USD 74.8 bn on big-ticket deals 16 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Petrol, diesel prices fall after 10 days 16 Jul 2018 | IANS
- Key Indian equity indices trade flat in morning session 16 Jul 2018 | IANS
- Ola, Haryana govt sign pact to create 35K job opportunities 15 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Aadhaar biometric data cannot be hacked: Minister 15 Jul 2018 | IANS
- Housing sales in NCR up 23% in April-June over previous qtr : ANAROCK 15 Jul 2018 | PTI
- 'Infosys-Built Data analytics helps GoM decipher GST Defaulters' 14 Jul 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
15 Jul 2018 | PTI | New Delhi
Amid row over alleged use of derogatory language in a web series while referring to former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi, Congress chief Rahul Gandhi on Saturday said the BJP and the RSS believe that freedom of expression must be policed, while he regards it as a fundamental democratic right. “My father lived and died in the service of India...
STATE EDITIONSView All
17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
Phir Khule Akaash me Judde Ghataon Ke, Phir Hawaon Ke Dupatte Ho Gaye Jheene, a poetic event centered on creations about monsoon ‘Pranaam Pawas’ concluded in city. The event was organised by the Dushyant Kumar Memorial Manuscript Museum to welcome the monsoon season...