- A MiG 21 fighter jet crashes in Kangra district of Himachal Pradesh: Police.
- Govt is ready for discussion on any issue raised by different political parties: PM Modi
- PM Narendra Modi calls for extensive discussion on important issues of national interest
- Two bodies pulled out of rubble of six-storey under-construction building that collapsed
BUSINESS & FINANCE
Infosys net up 3.7 per cent in first quarter
Global software major Infosys on Friday reported Rs 3,613 crore consolidated net profit for the first quarter of fiscal 2018-19, registering a 3.7 per cent annual growth from Rs 3,483 crore in the same period year ago.
Sequentially, however, net profit declined 2.1 per cent from Rs 3,690 crore a quarter ago.
"Consolidated revenue for the quarter (Q1) under review grew 12 per cent annually to Rs 19,128 crore from Rs 17,078 crore in the like period year ago and 5.8 per cent sequentially from Rs 18,083 crore quarter ago," said the city-based IT major in a regulatory filing on the BSE.
Digital revenues contributed $803 million, accounting for 28.4 per cent of total income from operations, with 8 per cent sequential growth and 25.6 per cent annual growth in constant currency.
"The strong revenue and margin performance in the quarter shows our dual emphasis on agile digital and Artificial Intelligence (AI)-driven core services are resonating with our clients", said Infosys Chief Executive Salil Parekh.
Operating margin at 23.7 per cent is in line with the guidance given in the beginning of the quarter in April.
With 8 per cent sequential growth in agile digital business and increase in large deal wins to over $1 billion, Parikh said the company was seeing good traction in the market.
"Large deal wins have crossed $1billion, with financial services accounting for 40 per cent of them," said the outsourcing firm in the statement.
The number of $100-million clients increased by 4 to 24 during the quarter.
"Our emphasis on deepening client relationships resulted in strong client metrics, including increase in $100-million+ clients to 24," said Chief Operating Officer U.B. Pravin Rao.
The company has retained the 6-8 per cent annual revenue guidance it gave in April for the fiscal (FY 2019), with the operating margin guidance at 22-24 per cent.
Utilization (excluding trainees) touched an all-time high of 85.7 per cent during the quarter.
"We had broad-based financial performance on multiple fronts, including return on investment crossing 25 per cent, free cash flow up 32 per cent quarterly and operating margins at the upper quartile of the guidance", said Chief Financial Officer M.D. Ranganath.
The company also announced 1:1 bonus share to mark 25 years of its public listing in India and increase the liquidity of its equity shares.
"The Board has recommended the issue of 1 bonus share for every equity share held to celebrate the 25th year of the company's public listing in India and further increase liquidity of its shares," said the statement.
The company has also decided to give a stock dividend of one American Depository Share (ADS) for every ADS held to mark the occasion.
This is the eighth time Infosys rewarded its investors, including promoters, co-founders, institutional and retail investors, worldwide, with the first on August 19, 1997 and previous on June 15 2015.
The company, however, gave 3:1 bonus share on July 2, 2004, while it has been 1:1 on six times in 2015, 2014, 2006, 1999 (twice) and 1997.
The company's blue-chip scrip of Rs 5 face value gained Rs 14.50 at the end of Friday's trading on the BSE to close at Rs 1,309.10 per share as against Thursday's closing rate of Rs 1,294.50 and opening price of Rs 1,310. The scrip also touched a high of Rs 1,331.15 and a low of Rs 1,300.15 during the intra-day trading sessions.
- No proposal before TRAI to amend interconnection usage charges 18 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Markets open on higher note on Wednesday 18 Jul 2018 | IANS
- How the PM Awas Yojana is transforming the home-buying process 18 Jul 2018 | Agencies
- Airbus appoints new India head for its helicopters business 17 Jul 2018 | IANS
- India asks Oman to cut customs duties on chemical products 17 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Delhi airport dues: Civil Aviation Min to hold discussions with Home Min 17 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Technoology driving BFSI sector to grow: TCS 17 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Finmin approves Rs 11,336 cr capital infusion in 5 PSU Banks 17 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Tata Motors introduces AMT in Nexon mid-variant 17 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Nestle India market cap crosses Rs 1 lakh cr 17 Jul 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
15 Jul 2018 | PTI | New Delhi
Amid row over alleged use of derogatory language in a web series while referring to former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi, Congress chief Rahul Gandhi on Saturday said the BJP and the RSS believe that freedom of expression must be policed, while he regards it as a fundamental democratic right. “My father lived and died in the service of India...
STATE EDITIONSView All
18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | RAIPUR
A two-month-old infant died due to suffocation after the door of the ‘108 Ambulance Service’ that was carrying him to a hospital malfunctioned and failed to open on time at Dr Bhimrao Ambedkar Hospital here on Tuesday. The Ambulance operators tried to open the door for a couple of hours but failed to open it on time...