BUSINESS & FINANCE
Microsoft boss Nadella rakes in USD 35 million in share sale
Microsoft's Indian-origin CEO Satya Nadella has netted over USD 35 million after selling almost one-third of his common shares in the software giant.
Nadella sold 328,000 shares in multiple trades at prices ranging from USD 109.08 to USD 109.68 as the stock trades near a record price.
The stock sale, disclosed in a regulatory filing yesterday, netted Nadella more than USD 35 million.
Microsoft shares have soared 53 per cent in the past year, closing the week at USD 109. The record closing price was USD 110.83 on July 25.
Nadella, 50, still own 778,596 shares of common stock. He is required to have 15 times his base salary in stock.
His annual base salary in 2017 was USD 1.45 million, and his total compensation exceeded USD 20 million.
"The stock divestitures made today were for personal financial planning and diversification reasons," a Microsoft spokesperson told CNBC.
"Satya is committed to the continued success of the company and his holdings significantly exceed the holding requirements set by the Microsoft board of directors," he said.
Since Nadella took over the CEO role from Steve Ballmer in February 2014, Seattle-based Microsoft's shares have tripled in value. He last sold shares in 2016, when the stock was worth around USD 58 per share.
- India will be back on 7.5% plus growth track this fiscal: Virmani 19 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Intel India trains 99,000 people in artificial intelligence 19 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Rupee might stabilise at 68-69 a dollar: Garg 18 Aug 2018 | PTI
- FCCU shutdown not impacting Jamnagar refining biz:RIL 18 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Infosys CFO Ranganath resigns 18 Aug 2018 | PTI
- India clocked 10.08 pc growth under Manmohan Singh's tenure, shows data 17 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Operators must pay attention to cyber security, reasonableness of charges: Patel 17 Aug 2018 | PTI
- PVR completes acquisition of 71.6% stake of SPI Cinemas 17 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Apollo ties up with Microsoft for AI-powered CDV Risk Score 17 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Jet Airways board to meet on Aug 27 to consider June quarter results 17 Aug 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
19 Aug 2018 | Kumar Chellappan
A succession war is brewing in the DMK after Karunanidhi’s death, with both Stalin and Alagiri staking a claim to their father’s political legacy. This, along with the churning in the AIADMK after Jayalalithaa’s death, is bound to have an impact on the political landscape of Tamil Nadu in the run-up to 2019 Lok Sabha polls, writes Kumar Chellappan Tamil Nadu politics sans Muthuvel Karunanidhi is like the drama Hamlet without...
STATE EDITIONSView All
19 Aug 2018 | PNS | Ranchi
Yet another girl from the Capital City Khushboo Vijay became the winner of Miss India International Global 2018 and will be representing India next year in Malaysia 2019 for World Finale. The event was held in Guwahati on August 2018...