PM Modi to launch India Post Payments Bank on Aug 21
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on August 21 will launch long-awaited India Post Payments Bank (IPPB) that will have at least one branch in every district and focus on financial services in rural areas, a senior official said.
“The Prime Minister has given time on August 21 to launch IPPB. Two branches of the bank are already operational. Rest of the 648 branches will be launched across country in every district,” a senior official of the communications ministry said.
IPPB will leverage reach of 1.55 lakh post office branches to provide banking and financial service to people in rural area.
“Government is trying to link all the 1.55 lakh post office branches with IPPB services by the end of this year,” the official said.This will create the country's largest banking network with direct presence at village level.
Last week, IPPB CEO Suresh Sethi said that IPPB will go live with 650 branches in addition to 3,250 access points co-located at post offices and around 11,000 postmen both in rural and urban area will provide doorstep banking services.
- India PC market grew 28% in Apr-Jun, notebook demand strong: IDC 18 Aug 2018 | PTI
- PE investments witness positive trend 18 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Supertech to invest Rs 800 cr this fiscal on construction 18 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Ashok Leyland bags order for 300 buses from Bangladesh 18 Aug 2018 | PTI
- FSSAI ropes in expert panel to review food labelling standards 18 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Business Corner 18 Aug 2018 | Agencies
- Traders shut shops to pay homage to Vajpayee 18 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Sensex surges 284 pts, Nifty hits new high 18 Aug 2018 | PTI
- GAIL seeks foray into solar plants 18 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Air India pilots threaten to stop ops on flying allowance dues 18 Aug 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
19 Aug 2018 | Kumar Chellappan
A succession war is brewing in the DMK after Karunanidhi’s death, with both Stalin and Alagiri staking a claim to their father’s political legacy. This, along with the churning in the AIADMK after Jayalalithaa’s death, is bound to have an impact on the political landscape of Tamil Nadu in the run-up to 2019 Lok Sabha polls, writes Kumar Chellappan Tamil Nadu politics sans Muthuvel Karunanidhi is like the drama Hamlet without...
STATE EDITIONSView All
19 Aug 2018 | PNS | Ranchi
Yet another girl from the Capital City Khushboo Vijay became the winner of Miss India International Global 2018 and will be representing India next year in Malaysia 2019 for World Finale. The event was held in Guwahati on August 2018...