- A MiG 21 fighter jet crashes in Kangra district of Himachal Pradesh: Police.
- Govt is ready for discussion on any issue raised by different political parties: PM Modi
- PM Narendra Modi calls for extensive discussion on important issues of national interest
- Two bodies pulled out of rubble of six-storey under-construction building that collapsed
BUSINESS & FINANCE
PNB invites bids to sell 3 NPA accounts to recover over Rs 136cr
Punjab National Bank (PNB) has put on sale three non-performing assets to recover Rs 136 crore dues from the borrowers.
"We intend to place these accounts for sale to ARCs/ NBFCs/other banks/FIs on the terms and conditions stipulated in the bank's policy, in line with the regulatory guidelines," PNB said in the invite for expression.
The three non-performing accounts (NPAs) or bad loans that have been put on sale are Gwalior Jhansi Expressways with an outstanding of Rs 55 crore; SVS Buildcon Pvt Ltd Rs 50 crore and Shiva Texfabs Ltd Rs 31.06 crore.
The process of e-bidding for the sale of these accounts will happen on July 7, 2018, the bank said.
All the public sector lenders (PSBs), who account for the highest amount of bad loans of the banking industry, have stepped up measures to recover dues from bad assets.
The NPA in the banking sector stood at Rs 8.31 lakh crore as of December 2017.
Apart from referring potential NPA cases to the Insolvency and Bankturty Code (IBC), the banks are also selling off their non-core assets to improve on their balance sheets.
Earlier in April also, the second largest public sector lender PNB had invited bids to sell three NPA accounts Shree Sidhbali Ispat Ltd (Meerut) with non-performing loans of (Rs 165.30 crore), Sri Guruprabha Power Ltd (Chennai) Rs 31.52 crore and Dharamnath Investment (Mumbai) Rs 17.63 crore to recover dues.
The cumulative loss of public sector banks crossed a whopping Rs 87,357 crore in the 2017-18 fiscal, with scam-tainted Punjab National Bank topping the chart with a hit of nearly Rs 12,283 crore followed by IDBI Bank.
Out of 21 state-owned banks, only two -- Indian Bank and Vijaya Bank -- posted profits during the fiscal ended March 2018.
PNB, which is reeling under over Rs 14,000-crore scam allegedly perpetrated by Nirav Modi and associates, posted a net loss of Rs 12,282.82 crore last fiscal. In 2016-17, the Delhi-headquartered bank had posted a profit of Rs 1,324.8 crore.
- No proposal before TRAI to amend interconnection usage charges 18 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Markets open on higher note on Wednesday 18 Jul 2018 | IANS
- How the PM Awas Yojana is transforming the home-buying process 18 Jul 2018 | Agencies
- Airbus appoints new India head for its helicopters business 17 Jul 2018 | IANS
- India asks Oman to cut customs duties on chemical products 17 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Delhi airport dues: Civil Aviation Min to hold discussions with Home Min 17 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Technoology driving BFSI sector to grow: TCS 17 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Finmin approves Rs 11,336 cr capital infusion in 5 PSU Banks 17 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Tata Motors introduces AMT in Nexon mid-variant 17 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Nestle India market cap crosses Rs 1 lakh cr 17 Jul 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
15 Jul 2018 | PTI | New Delhi
Amid row over alleged use of derogatory language in a web series while referring to former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi, Congress chief Rahul Gandhi on Saturday said the BJP and the RSS believe that freedom of expression must be policed, while he regards it as a fundamental democratic right. “My father lived and died in the service of India...
STATE EDITIONSView All
18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | RAIPUR
A two-month-old infant died due to suffocation after the door of the ‘108 Ambulance Service’ that was carrying him to a hospital malfunctioned and failed to open on time at Dr Bhimrao Ambedkar Hospital here on Tuesday. The Ambulance operators tried to open the door for a couple of hours but failed to open it on time...