- A MiG 21 fighter jet crashes in Kangra district of Himachal Pradesh: Police.
- Govt is ready for discussion on any issue raised by different political parties: PM Modi
- PM Narendra Modi calls for extensive discussion on important issues of national interest
- Two bodies pulled out of rubble of six-storey under-construction building that collapsed
BUSINESS & FINANCE
Sensex recovers 116 points on mixed global cues
The BSE Sensex turned positive after opening 42 points lower in the early trade today as fresh buying seen on select counters led by oils & gas, realty, auto and IT sectors amid mixed global cues.
The 30-share index recovered by 116.29 points, or 0.32 per cent, to 35,690.84 in early session.
The gauge had lost 70.85 points in a range-bound trade yesterday.
The NSE index Nifty also rose 33.65 points or 0.31 per cent to 10,783.40.
According to traders, fresh buying by participants and mixed trend in overseas gave investors the confidence.
Among the major gainers are Tata Motors, Bajaj Auto, RIL, Yes Bank, Hero Motocorp, TCS, Infosys, Axis Bank, ONGC, Kotak Bank, Adani Ports, SBI, Maruti Suzuki, L&T and Bharti Airtel, rising up to 2.87 per cent.
Barring FMCG, all the sectoral indices were trading in green.
Overseas, Asian stocks were mixed, with investors bracing for developments on the trade front as markets awaited tariffs from the US and China to take effect later today.
The US is set to impose a 25 per cent tariff on USD 34 billion worth of Chinese goods from more than 800 product categories. China has also announced that it will retaliate with duties of the same value on US products.
Yesterday, the US stocks closed higher overnight following rally in technology sector.
Meanwhile, the minutes of the US Federal Reserve June policy meeting came out on the lines of market expectations.
In Asian regions, Japan's Nikkei was trading higher by 0.67 per cent, while Hong Kong's Hang Seng was down 0.30 per cent and Shanghai Composite slipped 0.68 per cent in early trade today.
The US Dow Jones Industrial Average, ended 0.75 per cent higher yesterday.
- No proposal before TRAI to amend interconnection usage charges 18 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Markets open on higher note on Wednesday 18 Jul 2018 | IANS
- How the PM Awas Yojana is transforming the home-buying process 18 Jul 2018 | Agencies
- Airbus appoints new India head for its helicopters business 17 Jul 2018 | IANS
- India asks Oman to cut customs duties on chemical products 17 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Delhi airport dues: Civil Aviation Min to hold discussions with Home Min 17 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Technoology driving BFSI sector to grow: TCS 17 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Finmin approves Rs 11,336 cr capital infusion in 5 PSU Banks 17 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Tata Motors introduces AMT in Nexon mid-variant 17 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Nestle India market cap crosses Rs 1 lakh cr 17 Jul 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
15 Jul 2018 | PTI | New Delhi
Amid row over alleged use of derogatory language in a web series while referring to former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi, Congress chief Rahul Gandhi on Saturday said the BJP and the RSS believe that freedom of expression must be policed, while he regards it as a fundamental democratic right. “My father lived and died in the service of India...
STATE EDITIONSView All
18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | RAIPUR
A two-month-old infant died due to suffocation after the door of the ‘108 Ambulance Service’ that was carrying him to a hospital malfunctioned and failed to open on time at Dr Bhimrao Ambedkar Hospital here on Tuesday. The Ambulance operators tried to open the door for a couple of hours but failed to open it on time...