- A MiG 21 fighter jet crashes in Kangra district of Himachal Pradesh: Police.
- Govt is ready for discussion on any issue raised by different political parties: PM Modi
- PM Narendra Modi calls for extensive discussion on important issues of national interest
- Two bodies pulled out of rubble of six-storey under-construction building that collapsed
BUSINESS & FINANCE
Vistara to buy 19 Airbus, Boeing planes worth USD 3.1 bln
Vistara today announced placing orders for a total of 19 Airbus and Boeing aircraft worth USD 3.1 billion (approx Rs 21,344 crore), as the carrier embarks on ambitious expansion plans, including flying overseas.
The airline, which currently has a fleet of 21 aircraft from A320 neo family, plans to add another 50 such planes.
In a statement, Vistara said it has agreed to place firm orders with Airbus for 13 aircraft from the A320 neo family and with Boeing for six 787-9 Dreamliner.
“Together, the deals are valued at USD 3.1 billion, based on published list prices,” it said.
The letter of intent signed with Airbus is for 13 A320 neo and A321 neo aircraft as well as options for buying seven more aircraft from the A320 neo family.
Vistara would also lease another 37 new A320 neo family aircraft from leasing companies, the statement said.
The airline has selected the LEAP 1-A engines from CFM International for the A320 neo and A321 neo aircraft, which are to be delivered be between 2019 and 2023.
These aircraft would be used to strengthen its domestic network and to support its international operations planned for later this year, the statement said.
The letter of intent signed with Boeing comprises six firm-ordered 787-9 Dreamliner and purchase rights for four more aircraft from the 787 Dreamliner family, it added.
For these planes, the airline has selected General Electric GEnx-1B engines, and delivery is scheduled between 2020 and 2021. “The 787-9s are intended for use on medium-haul and long-haul international routes,” it added.
Vistara CEO Leslie Thng said, India's position as the world's fastest growing domestic aviation market and its impressive growth in air passenger traffic that has more than doubled over the last decade, makes the airline confident of aggressive plans for domestic expansion and international foray.
“We are delighted to further deepen our relationship with Airbus and to join hands with Boeing to strengthen our modern and fuel-efficient fleet that will help achieve our thought-through ambitions,” he said.
Vistara is a joint venture between Tata Sons and Singapore Airlines. At present, the airline serves 22 destinations with over 800 flights a week.
- No proposal before TRAI to amend interconnection usage charges 18 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Markets open on higher note on Wednesday 18 Jul 2018 | IANS
- How the PM Awas Yojana is transforming the home-buying process 18 Jul 2018 | Agencies
- Airbus appoints new India head for its helicopters business 17 Jul 2018 | IANS
- India asks Oman to cut customs duties on chemical products 17 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Delhi airport dues: Civil Aviation Min to hold discussions with Home Min 17 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Technoology driving BFSI sector to grow: TCS 17 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Finmin approves Rs 11,336 cr capital infusion in 5 PSU Banks 17 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Tata Motors introduces AMT in Nexon mid-variant 17 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Nestle India market cap crosses Rs 1 lakh cr 17 Jul 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
15 Jul 2018 | PTI | New Delhi
Amid row over alleged use of derogatory language in a web series while referring to former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi, Congress chief Rahul Gandhi on Saturday said the BJP and the RSS believe that freedom of expression must be policed, while he regards it as a fundamental democratic right. “My father lived and died in the service of India...
STATE EDITIONSView All
18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | RAIPUR
A two-month-old infant died due to suffocation after the door of the ‘108 Ambulance Service’ that was carrying him to a hospital malfunctioned and failed to open on time at Dr Bhimrao Ambedkar Hospital here on Tuesday. The Ambulance operators tried to open the door for a couple of hours but failed to open it on time...