Andhra Pradesh best State to do business; Gujarat ranking slips further
Andhra Pradesh continues to be the best State to do business while Gujarat slipped a position to rank fifth in the ease of doing business ranking prepared by the World Bank and the Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP).
In the last year's ranking, Andhra Pradesh had jointly topped the chart with Telangana while Gujarat was relegated to the third position from the top slot in 2015.
According to the latest Business Reform Action Plan (BRAP) index, Telangana and Haryana are placed at second and third positions, respectively. On the other side of the spectrum, Meghalaya, Lakshadweep and Arunachal Pradesh were ranked at the bottom for not doing anything to improve business climate. “This time we have taken feedback from industry to see whether the reforms are percolated to the ground level,” DIPP Secretary Ramesh Abhishek said adding next year “100 per cent evaluation would be done based on feedback from industry”.
Implementation of the reforms help attract both domestic and foreign investors. Due to this exercise, states are competing with each other in improving business climate.
Indian economy would touch &10 trillion in the coming years and for that it is fundamental to make business more competitive, Abhishek said.
Other States in the top ten are Jharkhand (4), Gujarat (5), Chhattisgarh (6), Madhya Pradesh (7), Karnataka (8), Rajasthan (9), West Bengal (10). Delhi was ranked 23rd in chart.
- BusinessCorner 18 Jul 2018 | Agencies
- Digital security staff crisis top inhibitor to innovation: Survey 18 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Govt doubles import duty on over 50 textile products 18 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Finmin likely to infuse about Rs 10K cr soon in PSU banks 18 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Jet Airways places additional orders for 737 MAX aircraft 18 Jul 2018 | IANS
- Rolls-Royce reveals plans for ‘flying taxi’ 18 Jul 2018 | Agencies
- IDBI Bank to seek Govt nod for LIC’s stake purchase 18 Jul 2018 | IANS
- Business Corner 18 Jul 2018 | Agencies
- BEL inks marketing pact with Saab 18 Jul 2018 | PNS
- Oil prices lift equity indices 18 Jul 2018 | IANS
Sunday EditionView All
15 Jul 2018 | PTI | New Delhi
Amid row over alleged use of derogatory language in a web series while referring to former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi, Congress chief Rahul Gandhi on Saturday said the BJP and the RSS believe that freedom of expression must be policed, while he regards it as a fundamental democratic right. “My father lived and died in the service of India...
STATE EDITIONSView All
18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | RAIPUR
A two-month-old infant died due to suffocation after the door of the ‘108 Ambulance Service’ that was carrying him to a hospital malfunctioned and failed to open on time at Dr Bhimrao Ambedkar Hospital here on Tuesday. The Ambulance operators tried to open the door for a couple of hours but failed to open it on time...