- No-confidence motion against Modi government defeated
- I want to assure people of Andhra Pradesh that they will not be left behind : PM
- I am 'chowkidar' and 'bhagidar', but not a 'saudagar' like you: PM to Rahul Gandh
- PM Modi to visit South Africa, attend BRICS Summit from July 23
- LS takes up for discussion no-trust vote against Modi govt
- Shiv Sena MPs to remain absent for no-trust motion against Modi govt
- India, US first '2+2 dialogue' on September 6: State Department
General insurers clock 32% jump in Aug premium
India's general insurers clocked over 32 per cent jump in premium collection at Rs 11,931.01 crore in August this fiscal, Irdai data showed. The non-life insurers of the country had underwritten a gross premium of Rs 9,013.43 crore in August 2016-17. In a break-up of the data, regulator Irdai said there was a rise of 40 per cent in public general insurers' premium at Rs 6,279.31 crore in August, from Rs 4,489.63 crore in the same month a year ago.
There are only four public sector general insurers in the country - New India Assurance Co, National Insurance Company, United India Insurance and Oriental Insurance -- which collectively own the majority of the market share. Specialised public sector insurers ECGC and AIC -- reported a more than two-fold jump in their gross direct premium at Rs 1,776.83 crore against Rs 664.46 crore in August 2016, showed the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (Irdai).
Agriculture Insurance Company of India Ltd (AIC) takes care of farm-related insurance needs while Export Credit Guarantee Corporation of India (ECGC) is meant for export credit insurance support for Indian exporters. For private general insurers, gross premium grew 25 per cent to Rs 5,651.70 crore in August, from Rs 4,523.8 crore in the same month a year earlier.
- TechnipFMC wins order from HPCL 21 Jul 2018 | PTI
- 10 e-commerce firms asked to delist non-licensed food operators 21 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Corporate Results 21 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Markets climb on IT, pharma push 21 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Farmers' rally expresses ‘no trust' in Modi Govt 21 Jul 2018 | IANS
- Business Corner 21 Jul 2018 | Agencies
- Tata Steel keen to exit SE Asia ops, other non-scalable assets 21 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Wipro net flat yearly, 16% up quarterly in Q1 21 Jul 2018 | IANS
- Cloud-driven Microsoft crosses $100bn 21 Jul 2018 | IANS
- Modi and Xi to meet during BRICS summit 21 Jul 2018 | IANS
Sunday EditionView All
15 Jul 2018 | PTI | New Delhi
Amid row over alleged use of derogatory language in a web series while referring to former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi, Congress chief Rahul Gandhi on Saturday said the BJP and the RSS believe that freedom of expression must be policed, while he regards it as a fundamental democratic right. “My father lived and died in the service of India...
STATE EDITIONSView All
21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | Raipur
Chief Minister Raman Singh on Friday expressed profound grief over the death of former State Finance Minister Dr Ramchandra Singhdeo. The Chief Minister reached the residence of legendary leader in the capital and paid floral tributes...