- A MiG 21 fighter jet crashes in Kangra district of Himachal Pradesh: Police.
- Govt is ready for discussion on any issue raised by different political parties: PM Modi
- PM Narendra Modi calls for extensive discussion on important issues of national interest
- Two bodies pulled out of rubble of six-storey under-construction building that collapsed
Indian, MNC seed firms form new association
Global and domestic seed companies like Monsanto, Syngenta, Rasi Seeds and Shriram Bioseeds have formed a new association ‘Alliance for Agri Innovation’ to take up the policy issues related to the sector and promote new farm technologies. Bayer Bioscience, Dow Agro Sciences, DuPont Pioneer, Mahyco and Metahelix are also members of ‘Alliance for Agri Innovation’ (AAI).
The new association has been formed amid a legal battle between US biotech major Monsanto and Indian firm Nuziveedu Seeds Ltd over patent and royalty issues.
Recently, the Delhi High Court dismissed Monsanto’s plea to enforce the patent for its BT cotton seeds in India.
The AAI said in a statement that this is a new industry body to promote new and emerging agricultural technologies for the benefit of Indian farmers.
The association said that it would focus on promoting the development of agricultural biotechnology and other emerging plant breeding innovations in India to create value for farmers in India.
The AAI would also work with all stakeholders to create an ecosystem which provides protection for Intellectual Property Rights (IPR), the statement said.
AAI’s Executive Director Shivendra Bajaj said the members have come together to promote innovation in seed technologies.
- BusinessCorner 18 Jul 2018 | Agencies
- Digital security staff crisis top inhibitor to innovation: Survey 18 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Govt doubles import duty on over 50 textile products 18 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Finmin likely to infuse about Rs 10K cr soon in PSU banks 18 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Jet Airways places additional orders for 737 MAX aircraft 18 Jul 2018 | IANS
- Rolls-Royce reveals plans for ‘flying taxi’ 18 Jul 2018 | Agencies
- IDBI Bank to seek Govt nod for LIC’s stake purchase 18 Jul 2018 | IANS
- Business Corner 18 Jul 2018 | Agencies
- BEL inks marketing pact with Saab 18 Jul 2018 | PNS
- Oil prices lift equity indices 18 Jul 2018 | IANS
Sunday EditionView All
15 Jul 2018 | PTI | New Delhi
Amid row over alleged use of derogatory language in a web series while referring to former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi, Congress chief Rahul Gandhi on Saturday said the BJP and the RSS believe that freedom of expression must be policed, while he regards it as a fundamental democratic right. “My father lived and died in the service of India...
STATE EDITIONSView All
18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | RAIPUR
A two-month-old infant died due to suffocation after the door of the ‘108 Ambulance Service’ that was carrying him to a hospital malfunctioned and failed to open on time at Dr Bhimrao Ambedkar Hospital here on Tuesday. The Ambulance operators tried to open the door for a couple of hours but failed to open it on time...