Investors’ buying spree back on D-St; Sensex up 295 pts
Domestic equities managed their second gain in last ten sessions and recovered from two back-to-back weekly declines on Monday, with Sensex surging nearly 295 points and Nifty 85 points as investors turned towards recent battered stocks for value-buying amid positive global cues.
Besides, strong corporate earnings and expectations of some moderation in retail inflation numbers also added to sentiment revival. Investors heavily bought into recently battered power, realty, capital goods and banking stocks amid continued buying by domestic funds and retail investors.
In the Sensex pack, shares of Tata Steel emerged best performer by climbing 4.22 per cent after the company reported 5-fold jump in third quarter net profit. Recently over-sold healthcare counters rebounded, even as public sector State Bank of India tumbled after registering a surprise quarterly loss.
“Market reversed from previous day's losses owing to positive global cues and expectation of marginal decline in January CPI inflation today. Mid and small cap outperformed the benchmark indices as investors start accumulating the over sold stocks. The economy is forecasted to improve in the long-term with strong earnings growth,” Vinod Nair, Head of Research, Geojit Financial Services Ltd, said.
- Business Corner 15 Aug 2018 | Agencies
- No decision to shift Aero India from Bengaluru: Min 15 Aug 2018 | PTI
- 5,600 job seekers at HCL drive 15 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Wholesale inflation slows at 5.09% in July 15 Aug 2018 | PTI
- GDP likely to grow 7.4% in FY'19: FICCI 15 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Sensex, Nifty regain on strong macro,Turkish lira rebound 15 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Rupee hits all-time low 15 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Rain fury affects Kerala's tourism, plantation sectors 14 Aug 2018 | PTI
- DHFL Q1 Net Profit up by 35% at Rs 435 Crore 14 Aug 2018 | PNS
- Sebi comes out with list of 1,677 defaulters 14 Aug 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
12 Aug 2018 | Kestur Vasuki | Bengaluru
Karnataka Chief Minister HD Kumaraswamy who is facing wrath from the farmers in the State, in an appealing gesture planted paddy saplings in solidarity on Saturday. He chose Aralukuppe village in Mandya district the heart land of vokkaliga politics sowed paddy saplings in a muddied agriculture field amidst a large gathering...
STATE EDITIONSView All
15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | Raipur
State of Chhattisgarh is moving faster from malnutrition to normal. But on the path, to achieve the target cooperation of all is required, said women and child development minister Ramsheela Sahu...