Irdai: No vehicle insurance without PUC certificate
Acting tough on those violating emission norms, Irdai has said vehicles without a valid Pollution Under Control (PUC) certificate will not be insured. Irdai in a notification has directed all general insurance companies not to insure a vehicle unless it has a valid PUC certificate. Vehicle insurance is renewed every year. The insurance regulator’s move follows an order of the Supreme Court in this regard.
In August last, the apex court in M C Mehta Vs Union of India and Others case had directed insurers not to insure a vehicle unless it has a valid PUC certificate on the date of renewal of the insurance policy.
- BusinessCorner 18 Jul 2018 | Agencies
- Digital security staff crisis top inhibitor to innovation: Survey 18 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Govt doubles import duty on over 50 textile products 18 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Finmin likely to infuse about Rs 10K cr soon in PSU banks 18 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Jet Airways places additional orders for 737 MAX aircraft 18 Jul 2018 | IANS
- Rolls-Royce reveals plans for ‘flying taxi’ 18 Jul 2018 | Agencies
- IDBI Bank to seek Govt nod for LIC’s stake purchase 18 Jul 2018 | IANS
- Business Corner 18 Jul 2018 | Agencies
- BEL inks marketing pact with Saab 18 Jul 2018 | PNS
- Oil prices lift equity indices 18 Jul 2018 | IANS
Sunday EditionView All
15 Jul 2018 | PTI | New Delhi
Amid row over alleged use of derogatory language in a web series while referring to former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi, Congress chief Rahul Gandhi on Saturday said the BJP and the RSS believe that freedom of expression must be policed, while he regards it as a fundamental democratic right. “My father lived and died in the service of India...
STATE EDITIONSView All
18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | RAIPUR
A two-month-old infant died due to suffocation after the door of the ‘108 Ambulance Service’ that was carrying him to a hospital malfunctioned and failed to open on time at Dr Bhimrao Ambedkar Hospital here on Tuesday. The Ambulance operators tried to open the door for a couple of hours but failed to open it on time...