- Former Union minister P Chidambaram moves Delhi court seeking anticipatory bail in
- NASA set to launch world's first mission to touch the Sun
- Need to strike a balance between conflicting rights of protestors and that of citizens:
- Toronto police say nine people shot and shooter is dead in city's Greektown.
Jewellers expect growth in sales this Akshaya Tritiya
Jewellers are expecting 15-20 per cent increase in sales this Akshaya Tritiya, mainly on the back of positive market sentiment, stable prices and ongoing wedding season.
“Things are looking positive this year and the prices are also stable, ruling at around Rs 30,820 per 10 grams. There is also a lot of traction for wedding jewellery due to ongoing marriage season.
“Overall there is a positive sentiment in the market, so we are hoping 15-20 per cent growth in sales this Akshaya Tritiya, compared to last year,” All India Gem And Jewellery Domestic Council (GJC) Chairman Nitin Khandelwal told PTI here. He said the demand for yellow gold, especially trendy items and wedding jewellery will be more than diamond jewellery. “We are also witnessing a slowdown in demand for the high end niche jewellery,” he added.
Akshaya Tritiya is considered an auspicious day to buy the gold in the country.
India Bullion and Jewellers Association (IBJA) vice-pPresident and PN Gadgil Jewellers Chairman and MD Saurabh Gadgil said the outlook looks bullish and the market has become stable.
“Market has now started picking up after the industry faced the Nirav Modi scam. We are witnessing young people now preferring long standing family jewellery stores who have been there from generations. Moreover, the monsoon was good last year, but the demand was muted, so there is likely to be a spill over of demand from last year to this Akshaya Tritiya. The overall mood is positive and we are expecting 5-10 per cent growth in sales over last year,” he added. This year, he said, coins and small ticket size along with wedding jewelleries will be popular.
“The bookings for the wedding jewelleries are looking good, the delivery for which will on the Akshaya Tritiya day,” he added. Kalyan Jewellers chairman and managing director TS Kalyanaraman said, “On this Akshaya Tritiya, we expect to see customers returning to the eternal value of gold”.
He said the growing market sentiments and the shift from unorganised to organised sector will contribute to a boost in sales. WHP Jewellers Director Aditya Pethe said, there is an expectation of good demand this Akshaya Tritiya, and the sales are likely to go up by 15-20 per cent from last year.
“As the gold prices have increased in this week, we feel it will reinstate the consumer’s faith into the category. This is also the season where consumers mostly buy gold jewellery, which will boost our sales,” he added.
- Chief technology officers of Reliance Jio, Bharti Airtel quit 23 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Maran loses Rs 1,323-cr arbitration against Spicejet; but gets Rs 571 cr refund 23 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Commerce Ministry urges plastic industry to formalise strategy to double exports 23 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Federal Bank gets RBI nod to enter Bahrain, Kuwait, Spore 23 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Sold 4k satellite phones in past year; targeting 10k units by March 2019: BSNL chief 23 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Report: Sensex may trade at 36K by Jun’19 on poor poll outcome 23 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Co-op banks to create investment fluctuation reserve to deal with market risks 23 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Govt to ask MSMEs under GSTN to obtain Udyog Aadhaar 23 Jul 2018 | PTI
- GST rate cut, return simplification to increase revenue, compliance: CII 23 Jul 2018 | PTI
- India Inc hails GST Council’s decision to allow quarterly return filing 23 Jul 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
22 Jul 2018 | AFP | tehran
Iran’s supreme leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei said on Saturday that negotiations with the United States are “useless” because it does not abide by agreements. “As I have previously said, we cannot trust in the words of the United States and even in their signature, so negotiations with the United States are useless,” Khamenei told a gathering of Iranian diplomats in Tehran...
STATE EDITIONSView All
23 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | Raipur
Capital city of Raipur is crucial for all parties, as it has four Assembly constituencies. Congress party which has been trying to make inroads into these constituencies is now in search of a new district president for the Capital city...