Kinetic Grp ties up with MV Agusta to sell superbikes in India
Pune-based Kinetic Group has tied up with Italian firm MV Agusta to launch the latter’s superbikes in India, estimated to be priced between Rs12 lakh to Rs33 lakh, to mark its comeback in two-wheeler segment.
The group also plans to launch the first bike of MV Agusta in November this year and will set up a network of showrooms in top cities to retail the motorcycles besides providing after-sales service.
“We are really excited to be bringing these extraordinary machines to India for riders who demand the utmost performance from their bikes,” Kinetic World Managing Director Ajinkya Firodia said in a statement.
The current MV Agusta portfolio consists of a range of high-performance superbikes, including the Brutale, Rivale, Turismo Veloce, F3 and the range-topping F4.
“Kinetic can launch any or all of these motorcycles in India over the next 2-3 years, with the first launch slated for November 2015,” the company said.
A team of engineering experts is already working on homologation and other formalities while the dealership network is being set up across India, it added.
“The bikes will be brought in as CBUs and SKDs, and prices are likely to range from Rs12 lakh to Rs33 lakh,” it said.
Last year, Kinetic group had exited the two-wheeler segment completely by selling its remaining stake in Mahindra Two Wheelers to private equity firm Samena Capital for about Rs182.1 crore.
- Business Corner 21 Aug 2018 | Agencies
- Sarafan launches AI technology to help dress like Bollywood star 21 Aug 2018 | PNS
- Stainless steel is cost effective, hygienic and viable for sugar industry: Report 21 Aug 2018 | PNS
- WROGN outlet launched in Ghaziabad 21 Aug 2018 | PTI
- BSE to delist 17 companies today 21 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Farmers still unaware of PMFBY: Survey 21 Aug 2018 | PTI
- PepsiCo buys Israel’s SodaStream for USD 3.2 billion 21 Aug 2018 | AP
- Maruti launches Ciaz’s new version 21 Aug 2018 | Kushan Mitra
- India’s outperformance could cause FPI flows to return: Morgan 21 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Rs rebounds, up 33 paise at 69.82 21 Aug 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
19 Aug 2018 | Kumar Chellappan
A succession war is brewing in the DMK after Karunanidhi’s death, with both Stalin and Alagiri staking a claim to their father’s political legacy. This, along with the churning in the AIADMK after Jayalalithaa’s death, is bound to have an impact on the political landscape of Tamil Nadu in the run-up to 2019 Lok Sabha polls, writes Kumar Chellappan Tamil Nadu politics sans Muthuvel Karunanidhi is like the drama Hamlet without...
STATE EDITIONSView All
21 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
The beauty of city of lakes painted through vibrant colours and the eye catching shades over canvas spellbound the art appreciators. A group painting exhibition is being put up at Swaraj Bhavan Art Gallery that began here from Monday...