Mike Spanos to lead PepsiCo’s Asia ops
Beverages and food major PepsiCo on Thursday announced top-level global management rejig, following which Mike Spanos will become CEO of AMENA region in place of India-born Sanjeev Chadha, who is set to retire in March.
As part of the changes, Chadha will become Chairman of AMENA (Asia, Middle East and North Africa) through the end of the first quarter of 2018 reporting to PepsiCo Chairman and CEO Indra Nooyi, the company said in a statement.
Further, Ram Krishnan, currently Senior V-P and General Manager of the global PepsiCo Walmart business, will become President, Greater China Region (GCR), succeeding Spanos and would report to Spanos, who will also report to Nooyi, it said.
“We have a strong bench of senior executives, and we are thrilled to promote Mike, one of our most seasoned and proven leaders, into this important role,” Nooyi said.
Acknowledging Chadha's contribution to the company in his 27 years of long association, she said: “His continued support as Chairman of AMENA until his retirement at the end of March will ensure a smoothtransition.”
All the major changes are effective January 1, 2018. Chris Turner, currently senior V-P of transformation for Frito-Lay North America, will become senior V-P and General Manager of global PepsiCo Walmart business, reporting to Al Carey, CEO for North America.
Chadha, an alumnus of IIM Ahmedabad, had moved to head PepsiCo Middle East and Africa in January 2011. Prior to that, he was Chairman and CEO of PepsiCo's India Region from 2007 to 2010. Krishnan is with PepsiCo for more than a decade, where he has served in a number of senior leadership roles.
- BusinessCorner 18 Jul 2018 | Agencies
- Digital security staff crisis top inhibitor to innovation: Survey 18 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Govt doubles import duty on over 50 textile products 18 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Finmin likely to infuse about Rs 10K cr soon in PSU banks 18 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Jet Airways places additional orders for 737 MAX aircraft 18 Jul 2018 | IANS
- Rolls-Royce reveals plans for ‘flying taxi’ 18 Jul 2018 | Agencies
- IDBI Bank to seek Govt nod for LIC’s stake purchase 18 Jul 2018 | IANS
- Business Corner 18 Jul 2018 | Agencies
- BEL inks marketing pact with Saab 18 Jul 2018 | PNS
- Oil prices lift equity indices 18 Jul 2018 | IANS
Sunday EditionView All
15 Jul 2018 | PTI | New Delhi
Amid row over alleged use of derogatory language in a web series while referring to former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi, Congress chief Rahul Gandhi on Saturday said the BJP and the RSS believe that freedom of expression must be policed, while he regards it as a fundamental democratic right. “My father lived and died in the service of India...
STATE EDITIONSView All
18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | RAIPUR
A two-month-old infant died due to suffocation after the door of the ‘108 Ambulance Service’ that was carrying him to a hospital malfunctioned and failed to open on time at Dr Bhimrao Ambedkar Hospital here on Tuesday. The Ambulance operators tried to open the door for a couple of hours but failed to open it on time...