Millenials eager to invest for wealth creation: Survey
Millenials, in the age group of 22-30 years, are eager to invest for wealth creation and those earning below Rs 25,000 per month are saving around 11 per cent of their income, says a survey.
According to a survey by fintech startup Saveabhi, millenials earning below Rs 25,000 per month are saving the highest rate at 11.1 per cent of the income, millenials earning between Rs 25,000-50,000 per month are saving 7.9 per cent and millenials earning above Rs 50,000 per month are saving 8.1 per cent.
All the three categories are spending maximum on rent and housing at 35 per cent, 21.5 per cent and 33.5 per cent, respectively, followed by dining and outing at 12.3 per cent, 21 per cent and 11 per cent, respectively.
The report that took into account data from 5,000 millenials noted that 97 per cent of the millenial investors are males.
“The findings break the myth that millenials only live in the present and do not believe in saving for future,” said Priyank Barthwal, Founder, Saveabhi. With an aim to promote saving and investment, Saveabhi has introduced the innovative concept of ‘Save the Change’ to enable automatic savings. The app was launched based on an insight that linking expenses to savings is key to promoting small but regular investing.
Expense done through digital payments like credit card, debit card or net banking is updated in an expense dashboard and change to the nearest hundred of the expense amount is added to the ‘Save the Change’ account.
“An investment into your chosen investment asset like a mutual fund is initiated the moment this value reaches Rs 500,” the release said.
- India PC market grew 28% in Apr-Jun, notebook demand strong: IDC 18 Aug 2018 | PTI
- PE investments witness positive trend 18 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Supertech to invest Rs 800 cr this fiscal on construction 18 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Ashok Leyland bags order for 300 buses from Bangladesh 18 Aug 2018 | PTI
- FSSAI ropes in expert panel to review food labelling standards 18 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Business Corner 18 Aug 2018 | Agencies
- Traders shut shops to pay homage to Vajpayee 18 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Sensex surges 284 pts, Nifty hits new high 18 Aug 2018 | PTI
- GAIL seeks foray into solar plants 18 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Air India pilots threaten to stop ops on flying allowance dues 18 Aug 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
19 Aug 2018 | TN RAGHUNATHA | Mumbai
Five years after the renowned rationalist Narendra Dabholkar was shot dead by two unidentified gunmen in Pune, the CBI on Saturday arrested one of the sharp-shooters who allegedly pulled the trigger. Identiying the arrested person as one Sachin Prakashrao Andure from Aurangabad, a senior official said that Andure was one of the sharp-shooters who allegedly shot Dr Dabholkar...
STATE EDITIONSView All
19 Aug 2018 | PNS | Ranchi
Yet another girl from the Capital City Khushboo Vijay became the winner of Miss India International Global 2018 and will be representing India next year in Malaysia 2019 for World Finale. The event was held in Guwahati on August 2018...