Nearly 46L biz file GSTR-1 for July
More than 45.99 lakh businesses have filed the final GST returns for July and more than 33 crore invoices have been processed on the GSTN portal. GST Network (GSTN) said in a statement that as many as 45,99,113 taxpayers have filed their sales return or GSTR-1 for July till Tuesday -- the last date for filing the return form. This is lower than 54.78 lakh initial returns for July filed in GSTR-3B form. For August, 47.12 lakh businesses had filed GSTR-3B till yesterday. GSTR-2 or purchase return for July has to be filed by businesses between October 11-31. The matching of GSTR-1 and GSTR-2 will be done in the return form GSTR-3, which is to be filed by November 10. Over 33 crore invoices were filed and processed by GST system along with GSTR-1 of July.
Of this, majority or 24.2 crore were uploaded using Offline Tool developed by GSTN whereas data of 3.26 crore invoices were entered by taxpayers online. Data of around 5.56 crore invoices came through GST Suvidha Providers. The Government has already collected over Rs 95,000 crore as GST in July, the first month of roll out of the Goods and Services Tax.
- Gold hits 5-month low, loses another Rs 250 on global cues 19 Jul 2018 | PTI
- ONGC board approves exiting Pawan Hans, to sell 49% stake 19 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Business Corner 19 Jul 2018 | Pioneer
- Sebi orders attachment of bank, demat ac/s of Exelon Infra, 3 directors 19 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Airliners offer competitive fares 19 Jul 2018 | PNS
- Google fined $5 billion by EU for Android ‘malpractices’ 19 Jul 2018 | IANS
- BMW launches G310 R, G310 GS motorcycles 19 Jul 2018 | Kushan Mitra
- BusinessCorner 18 Jul 2018 | Agencies
- Digital security staff crisis top inhibitor to innovation: Survey 18 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Govt doubles import duty on over 50 textile products 18 Jul 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
15 Jul 2018 | PTI | New Delhi
Amid row over alleged use of derogatory language in a web series while referring to former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi, Congress chief Rahul Gandhi on Saturday said the BJP and the RSS believe that freedom of expression must be policed, while he regards it as a fundamental democratic right. “My father lived and died in the service of India...
STATE EDITIONSView All
19 Jul 2018 | PNS | Dehradun
The court ordered anti-encroachment drive continued in Dehradun with 280 encroachments being demolished and 185 being marked on Wednesday. A total of 2196 encroachments have been demolished, 4674 have been marked and 88 buildings have been sealed so far...