NK Singh, Patel talk devolution of taxes to Centre and States
The newly appointed Chairman of the 15th Finance Commission N K Singh and RBI Governor Urjit Patel on Thursday discussed various issues related to the devolution of taxes between the Centre and states.
They discussed the technical as well as other assistance which the Reserve Bank of India could provide, enabling the Commission to discharge its wide ranging Terms of Reference, Finance Ministry said in a statement. The RBI has the data and technical speciality in matters relating to overall finances, it said, adding that the emerging fiscal scenario and the central bank's State Finance Division is a rich repository of information on State finances over a long period of time.
Singh said that the Commission would be greatly benefited by the analytical and domain knowledge of the RBI in these specialised areas.
- Business Corner 15 Aug 2018 | Agencies
- No decision to shift Aero India from Bengaluru: Min 15 Aug 2018 | PTI
- 5,600 job seekers at HCL drive 15 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Wholesale inflation slows at 5.09% in July 15 Aug 2018 | PTI
- GDP likely to grow 7.4% in FY'19: FICCI 15 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Sensex, Nifty regain on strong macro,Turkish lira rebound 15 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Rupee hits all-time low 15 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Rain fury affects Kerala's tourism, plantation sectors 14 Aug 2018 | PTI
- DHFL Q1 Net Profit up by 35% at Rs 435 Crore 14 Aug 2018 | PNS
- Sebi comes out with list of 1,677 defaulters 14 Aug 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
12 Aug 2018 | Kestur Vasuki | Bengaluru
Karnataka Chief Minister HD Kumaraswamy who is facing wrath from the farmers in the State, in an appealing gesture planted paddy saplings in solidarity on Saturday. He chose Aralukuppe village in Mandya district the heart land of vokkaliga politics sowed paddy saplings in a muddied agriculture field amidst a large gathering...
STATE EDITIONSView All
15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | Raipur
State of Chhattisgarh is moving faster from malnutrition to normal. But on the path, to achieve the target cooperation of all is required, said women and child development minister Ramsheela Sahu...