OVL to hold 4%, while IOC, BPRL 3% each in Abu Dhabi oilfield
ONGC Videsh Ltd, Indian Oil Corp (IOC) and Bharat PetroResources Ltd (BPRL) will split the 10 per cent stake in a giant offshore oilfield in Abu Dhabi in 4:3:3 ratio.
The three firms on Saturday had signed contract to pick up a combined 10 per cent stake in Abu Dhabi National Oil Co's (ADNOC) Lower Zakum concession, Offshore Abu Dhabi, for $600 million.
OVL will take 40 per cent of the stake, that is, 4 per cent in the entire oilfield. The remaining 60 per cent would be equally split between IOC and BPRL (3 per cent apiece), officials said.
While OVL is the overseas investment arm of state-owned Oil and Natural Gas Corp (ONGC), BPRL is a unit of state-owned Bharat Petroleum Corp Ltd (BPCL).
Besides paying a signature bonus of $600 million, the three partners would bear 10 per cent of the planned $32 billion capex on the field over a 40 year period.
They said the current production from the field is about 400,000 barrels of oil per day (20 million tonnes per annum) and Indian consortium's annual share shall be about 2 million tonnes. The field is to achieve plateau target of 450,000 barrels of oil per day by 2025.
This is the first time that Indian oil companies have taken part in an Abu Dhabi oil and gas concession.
The concession has a term of 40 years with an effective date of March 9, 2018. ADNOC holds 60 per cent interest in the field and is finalising the potential partners for the remaining 30 per cent.
OVL is India's largest international oil and gas company, having 39 projects in 18 countries.
- Business Corner 15 Aug 2018 | Agencies
- No decision to shift Aero India from Bengaluru: Min 15 Aug 2018 | PTI
- 5,600 job seekers at HCL drive 15 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Wholesale inflation slows at 5.09% in July 15 Aug 2018 | PTI
- GDP likely to grow 7.4% in FY'19: FICCI 15 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Sensex, Nifty regain on strong macro,Turkish lira rebound 15 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Rupee hits all-time low 15 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Rain fury affects Kerala's tourism, plantation sectors 14 Aug 2018 | PTI
- DHFL Q1 Net Profit up by 35% at Rs 435 Crore 14 Aug 2018 | PNS
- Sebi comes out with list of 1,677 defaulters 14 Aug 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
12 Aug 2018 | Kestur Vasuki | Bengaluru
Karnataka Chief Minister HD Kumaraswamy who is facing wrath from the farmers in the State, in an appealing gesture planted paddy saplings in solidarity on Saturday. He chose Aralukuppe village in Mandya district the heart land of vokkaliga politics sowed paddy saplings in a muddied agriculture field amidst a large gathering...
STATE EDITIONSView All
15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | Raipur
State of Chhattisgarh is moving faster from malnutrition to normal. But on the path, to achieve the target cooperation of all is required, said women and child development minister Ramsheela Sahu...