- A MiG 21 fighter jet crashes in Kangra district of Himachal Pradesh: Police.
- Govt is ready for discussion on any issue raised by different political parties: PM Modi
- PM Narendra Modi calls for extensive discussion on important issues of national interest
- Two bodies pulled out of rubble of six-storey under-construction building that collapsed
Piyush Goyal counters Amit Mitra’s GST refunds claim
Union Finance Minister Piyush Goyal on Monday countered the West Bengal Finance Minister Amit Mitra’s claim on pending GST refunds of exporters.
“From May 31 to June 15, all exporters were asked to claim refund and most of those who applied were paid. For claims up to Rs 10 lakh, a self-certification was required. For those who claimed above Rs 10 lakh, were asked to provide a chartered accountant’s certificate. The State Government must be knowing about that,” Goyal said.
Mitra had recently claimed that a large number of exporters across the country were awaiting refunds to the tune of Rs 25,000 crore, which have been stuck due to inability of the GST Network.
There have been three lakh applications from exporters of the country, involving Rs 25,000 crore, which are awaiting refunds, Mitra, who is also a GST Council member, had said.
To a question on Mitra’s allegation about rise in hawala transaction due to lacunae in the GST automatic digitised process, Goyal said Mitra should make efforts to stop these illegal transactions.
- Gold hits 5-month low, loses another Rs 250 on global cues 19 Jul 2018 | PTI
- ONGC board approves exiting Pawan Hans, to sell 49% stake 19 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Business Corner 19 Jul 2018 | Pioneer
- Sebi orders attachment of bank, demat ac/s of Exelon Infra, 3 directors 19 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Airliners offer competitive fares 19 Jul 2018 | PNS
- Google fined $5 billion by EU for Android ‘malpractices’ 19 Jul 2018 | IANS
- BMW launches G310 R, G310 GS motorcycles 19 Jul 2018 | Kushan Mitra
- BusinessCorner 18 Jul 2018 | Agencies
- Digital security staff crisis top inhibitor to innovation: Survey 18 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Govt doubles import duty on over 50 textile products 18 Jul 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
15 Jul 2018 | PTI | New Delhi
Amid row over alleged use of derogatory language in a web series while referring to former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi, Congress chief Rahul Gandhi on Saturday said the BJP and the RSS believe that freedom of expression must be policed, while he regards it as a fundamental democratic right. “My father lived and died in the service of India...
STATE EDITIONSView All
19 Jul 2018 | PNS | Dehradun
The court ordered anti-encroachment drive continued in Dehradun with 280 encroachments being demolished and 185 being marked on Wednesday. A total of 2196 encroachments have been demolished, 4674 have been marked and 88 buildings have been sealed so far...