PV sales rise over 15% in July
Passenger vehicle sales rose over 15 per cent in July driven by restocking of vehicles at dealerships after GST implementation.
According to data released by the Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers (SIAM), passenger vehicle sales rose by 15.12 per cent to 2,98,997 units in July from 2,59,720 units in the same month last year.
Car sales were up 8.52 per cent at 1,92,773 units as against 1,77,639 units in July last year. Utility vehicles sales also rose by 35.72 per cent to 86,874 units.
“In June, dealers were liquidating their stocks while the reverse has happened in July. Dealers have replenished their stocks across segments last month,” SIAM Director General Vishnu Mathur told reporters here.
- TechnipFMC wins order from HPCL 21 Jul 2018 | PTI
- 10 e-commerce firms asked to delist non-licensed food operators 21 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Corporate Results 21 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Markets climb on IT, pharma push 21 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Farmers' rally expresses ‘no trust' in Modi Govt 21 Jul 2018 | IANS
- Business Corner 21 Jul 2018 | Agencies
- Tata Steel keen to exit SE Asia ops, other non-scalable assets 21 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Wipro net flat yearly, 16% up quarterly in Q1 21 Jul 2018 | IANS
- Cloud-driven Microsoft crosses $100bn 21 Jul 2018 | IANS
- Modi and Xi to meet during BRICS summit 21 Jul 2018 | IANS
Sunday EditionView All
15 Jul 2018 | PTI | New Delhi
Amid row over alleged use of derogatory language in a web series while referring to former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi, Congress chief Rahul Gandhi on Saturday said the BJP and the RSS believe that freedom of expression must be policed, while he regards it as a fundamental democratic right. “My father lived and died in the service of India...
STATE EDITIONSView All
21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | Raipur
Chief Minister Raman Singh on Friday expressed profound grief over the death of former State Finance Minister Dr Ramchandra Singhdeo. The Chief Minister reached the residence of legendary leader in the capital and paid floral tributes...