Rakesh Jhunjhunwala’s firm buys Dish TV shares worth Rs 93 crore
Rakesh Jhunjhunwala’s firm Rare Enterprises on Wednesday picked up 1.30 crore shares of direct-to-home operator Dish TV India for nearly Rs 93 crore, through an open market transaction.
According to the bulk deal data available with the NSE, Rare Enterprises bought 1.30 crore shares, amounting to 0.71 per cent stake, in Dish TV.
The shares were purchased at an average price of Rs 71.3, valuing the transaction at Rs 92.69 crore, the data showed.
The seller(s) of the shares could not be ascertained immediately.
Dish TV shares settled 1.31 per cent higher on the NSE at Rs 73.70 apiece.
- CAG pulls up SAIL for huge coking coal import despite 3 captive mines 20 Aug 2018 | PTI
- From next year, ATMs won’t be replenished after 9 pm 20 Aug 2018 | PTI
- ONGC repays a third of loan taken to buy HPCL 20 Aug 2018 | PTI
- DLF-GIC to invest Rs 1,250 cr for housing 20 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Sebi to expand cybersecurity for MIIs 20 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Peak power deficit in April-July at 0.9%: CEA 20 Aug 2018 | PTI
- TRAI consultation soon on traffic management practices for net neutrality 20 Aug 2018 | PTI
- BSE, NSE to suspend trading in up to nine firms from Sep 10 20 Aug 2018 | PTI
- India’s CAD to widen to 2.5% of GDP: Moody 20 Aug 2018 | PTI
- India PC market grew 28% in Apr-Jun, notebook demand strong: IDC 18 Aug 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
19 Aug 2018 | Kumar Chellappan
A succession war is brewing in the DMK after Karunanidhi’s death, with both Stalin and Alagiri staking a claim to their father’s political legacy. This, along with the churning in the AIADMK after Jayalalithaa’s death, is bound to have an impact on the political landscape of Tamil Nadu in the run-up to 2019 Lok Sabha polls, writes Kumar Chellappan Tamil Nadu politics sans Muthuvel Karunanidhi is like the drama Hamlet without...
STATE EDITIONSView All
20 Aug 2018 | PNS | Ranchi
To mark the occasion of ‘World Photography Day’, members of Jharkhand Photographic Association organized photo-walk and on the spot photography contest on Sunday. The photographers captured the scenic beauty of Ghahari Dham located in Lapung block...