RBI proposes forex form for retail participants
The RBI on Thursday proposed a scheme to encourage transparent and fair pricing in retail forex market by developing a foreign exchange platform for retail participants along the lines of the FX-Clear platform of Clearing Corporation of India Limited (CCIL).
As per the discussion paper floated in this regard, the retail market will have the same market hours as the interbank market (09:00 to 17:00 hrs). The minimum order size would be $1,000 and thereafter in multiples of $500. The maximum order size would be $500,000.
The foreign exchange market in India may be broadly divided into the interbank segment and the retail segment. The participants in the interbank segment are banks and transactions in this segment are conducted through trading platforms like FXT-D2 and FX-Clear.
Retail Customers with a need to buy/sell forex, currently do so over the phone with a bank. While proprietary electronic dealing platforms of individual banks and Multi-Bank Portals (MBPs) are also available, access to them is restricted to retail customers with a minimum order size.
- Govt sanctions 500 posts for FSSAI 16 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Govt notifies incentives to oil PSUs in pre-NELP blocks 16 Aug 2018 | PTI
- RBI puts 200 stressed account under scanner 16 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Govt accepts NHB chief resignation 16 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Comfortable forex reserves to deal with undue Re volatility: Jaitley 16 Aug 2018 | PTI
- CPI inflation to average 4.4% in FY19: Report 16 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Business Corner 16 Aug 2018 | Agencies
- Telecom Comm to discuss Trai's proposal for spectrum allocation 16 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Sebi plans to stipulate framework for timely disclosure of loan default 16 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Agri export policy on the anvil: Modi 16 Aug 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
12 Aug 2018 | Kestur Vasuki | Bengaluru
Karnataka Chief Minister HD Kumaraswamy who is facing wrath from the farmers in the State, in an appealing gesture planted paddy saplings in solidarity on Saturday. He chose Aralukuppe village in Mandya district the heart land of vokkaliga politics sowed paddy saplings in a muddied agriculture field amidst a large gathering...
STATE EDITIONSView All
15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | Raipur
State of Chhattisgarh is moving faster from malnutrition to normal. But on the path, to achieve the target cooperation of all is required, said women and child development minister Ramsheela Sahu...