Real estate sector hard hit, but made it transparent: Experts
Housing sales were hit badly and prices fell post demonetisation but the realty sector benefited from the move as it led to greater transparency in the market, say property developers and consultants.
“The positive impact on real estate is that now even secondary transactions have converted to banking channel as there is no cash available,” said DLF CEO Rajeev Talwar.
NAREDCO President Niranjan Hiranandani said that past one year not only witnessed demonetisation but also other big policy developments like the implementation of RERA as well as taxation reform, GST. “To be honest, all of these have had their own share of teething troubles, but fortunately so far things are under control,” he said. “Note ban has led to greater efficiencies and transparency in the reality sector and we welcome it,” he said.
- Kotak Mahindra Bank Q1 net up 12% 20 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Stocks end subdued in cautious trade 20 Jul 2018 | PTI
- India to remain fastest growing economy: ADB 20 Jul 2018 | PTI
- PepsiCo India to reduce salt in snacks; to pilot plant-based packaging 20 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Govt aims to promote Khadi as global fabric: Prabhu 20 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Indices trade flat; weak rupee, political concerns cap gains 20 Jul 2018 | IANS
- Maruti launches Ecstar range of oils and chemicals 20 Jul 2018 | PNS
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 notes in lavender colour 20 Jul 2018 | IANS
- Business Corner 20 Jul 2018 | Agencies
- Suzuki Motorcycle lines up Rs 600 cr for second plant 20 Jul 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
15 Jul 2018 | PTI | New Delhi
Amid row over alleged use of derogatory language in a web series while referring to former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi, Congress chief Rahul Gandhi on Saturday said the BJP and the RSS believe that freedom of expression must be policed, while he regards it as a fundamental democratic right. “My father lived and died in the service of India...
STATE EDITIONSView All
20 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
Governor Anandiben Patel has said that tourism has enhanced in Madhya Pradesh in recent years. Employment to maximum people could be provided through tourism industry...