- A MiG 21 fighter jet crashes in Kangra district of Himachal Pradesh: Police.
- Govt is ready for discussion on any issue raised by different political parties: PM Modi
- PM Narendra Modi calls for extensive discussion on important issues of national interest
- Two bodies pulled out of rubble of six-storey under-construction building that collapsed
Sensex rises by 277 points on global cues
The benchmark BSE Sensex on Monday surged by around 277 points to close at more than five-month high of 35,934.72 on heavy buying in energy, capital goods, power and banking stocks following positive leads from global markets. A strengthening rupee against the US dollar also bolstered the trading sentiment even as investors shifted their focus to corporate earnings from trade war worries.
The 30-share BSE Sensex rallied for the second day by rising 276.86 points or 0.78 per cent to settle at 35,934.72, the highest closing level since January 31, when it had closed at 35,965.02. The broader NSE Nifty closed above the 10,800 level by gaining 80.25 points or 0.74 per cent to 10,852.90, the highest closing since June 13, 2018, when it ended at 10,856.70.
- Gold hits 5-month low, loses another Rs 250 on global cues 19 Jul 2018 | PTI
- ONGC board approves exiting Pawan Hans, to sell 49% stake 19 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Business Corner 19 Jul 2018 | Pioneer
- Sebi orders attachment of bank, demat ac/s of Exelon Infra, 3 directors 19 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Airliners offer competitive fares 19 Jul 2018 | PNS
- Google fined $5 billion by EU for Android ‘malpractices’ 19 Jul 2018 | IANS
- BMW launches G310 R, G310 GS motorcycles 19 Jul 2018 | Kushan Mitra
- BusinessCorner 18 Jul 2018 | Agencies
- Digital security staff crisis top inhibitor to innovation: Survey 18 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Govt doubles import duty on over 50 textile products 18 Jul 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
15 Jul 2018 | PTI | New Delhi
Amid row over alleged use of derogatory language in a web series while referring to former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi, Congress chief Rahul Gandhi on Saturday said the BJP and the RSS believe that freedom of expression must be policed, while he regards it as a fundamental democratic right. “My father lived and died in the service of India...
STATE EDITIONSView All
19 Jul 2018 | PNS | Dehradun
The court ordered anti-encroachment drive continued in Dehradun with 280 encroachments being demolished and 185 being marked on Wednesday. A total of 2196 encroachments have been demolished, 4674 have been marked and 88 buildings have been sealed so far...