Tata Motors’ new SUV to be called ‘Harrier’; launch in Q1 2019
Tata Motors on Wednesday said its much-awaited compact sports utility vehicle (SUV) will be called ‘Harrier’, which is being developed in collaboration with its marque British arm Jaguar Land Rover.
This five-seater monocoque SUV is engineered on the new generation platform and was unveiled at the Auto Expo 2018 as the H5X concept.
The commercial launch will take place in the first quarter of 2019.
The Harrier sports sleek looks and dynamism, and offers “a glimpse of the future generation of Tata Motors vehicles in terms of styling, technology and performance capabilities,” the company said in a statement.
The Harrier is the first vehicle to sport the ‘Impact design 2.0’ philosophy and offers future ready connectivity and best-in-class infotainment.
Driven by the success of its first compact SUV, Nexon, and also new cars like the sedan Tigor and the compact car Tiago, Tata Motors has made a strong comeback since its lows.
In the market share sweepstake in June, it pushed down Mahindra to become the No. 3 automaker. Last year itself, Tata Motor had overtaken Honda Cars to become the No. 4 player.
“Its architecture is derived from the legendary Land Rover D8 architecture and is adapted to suit the Indian conditions by Tata Motors engineers,” the release said.
Christening the much-anticipated SUV, Mayank Pareek, president for passenger vehicle business unit at Tata Motors, said, “With Turnaround 2.0 into play, we are geared to win sustainably in the market. We are proudly speeding towards our next market introduction ‘Tata Harrier’ that will take our brand value to the next level.
“We are preparing for commercial launch in the first quarter of 2019,” he said.
- BusinessCorner 18 Jul 2018 | Agencies
- Digital security staff crisis top inhibitor to innovation: Survey 18 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Govt doubles import duty on over 50 textile products 18 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Finmin likely to infuse about Rs 10K cr soon in PSU banks 18 Jul 2018 | PTI
- Jet Airways places additional orders for 737 MAX aircraft 18 Jul 2018 | IANS
- Rolls-Royce reveals plans for ‘flying taxi’ 18 Jul 2018 | Agencies
- IDBI Bank to seek Govt nod for LIC’s stake purchase 18 Jul 2018 | IANS
- Business Corner 18 Jul 2018 | Agencies
- BEL inks marketing pact with Saab 18 Jul 2018 | PNS
- Oil prices lift equity indices 18 Jul 2018 | IANS
Sunday EditionView All
15 Jul 2018 | PTI | New Delhi
Amid row over alleged use of derogatory language in a web series while referring to former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi, Congress chief Rahul Gandhi on Saturday said the BJP and the RSS believe that freedom of expression must be policed, while he regards it as a fundamental democratic right. “My father lived and died in the service of India...
STATE EDITIONSView All
18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | RAIPUR
A two-month-old infant died due to suffocation after the door of the ‘108 Ambulance Service’ that was carrying him to a hospital malfunctioned and failed to open on time at Dr Bhimrao Ambedkar Hospital here on Tuesday. The Ambulance operators tried to open the door for a couple of hours but failed to open it on time...