Three PSU non-life insurers to meet on Feb 16 on merger
The three public sector general insurance companies will be meeting on February 16 to deliberate on the proposed merger plan, a top official of United India Insurance said. As part of divestment of public sector entities, the Government has proposed in the Budget to merge National Insurance Company, United India Insurance and Oriental Insurance Company into one and subsequently list the new entity on stock exchanges.
“All the three public sector general insurance companies are meeting on the 16th of this month for discussions on Budget pronouncements,” United India Insurance Chairman and Managing Director MN Sarma said here on Tuesday on the sidelines of ASSOCHAM-organised health insurance summit.
“We hope to have some roadmap on merger and health insurance scheme in the meeting. We expect the merger to be completed before the next vote on accounts,” he said.
- Business Corner 15 Aug 2018 | Agencies
- No decision to shift Aero India from Bengaluru: Min 15 Aug 2018 | PTI
- 5,600 job seekers at HCL drive 15 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Wholesale inflation slows at 5.09% in July 15 Aug 2018 | PTI
- GDP likely to grow 7.4% in FY'19: FICCI 15 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Sensex, Nifty regain on strong macro,Turkish lira rebound 15 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Rupee hits all-time low 15 Aug 2018 | PTI
- Rain fury affects Kerala's tourism, plantation sectors 14 Aug 2018 | PTI
- DHFL Q1 Net Profit up by 35% at Rs 435 Crore 14 Aug 2018 | PNS
- Sebi comes out with list of 1,677 defaulters 14 Aug 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
12 Aug 2018 | Kestur Vasuki | Bengaluru
Karnataka Chief Minister HD Kumaraswamy who is facing wrath from the farmers in the State, in an appealing gesture planted paddy saplings in solidarity on Saturday. He chose Aralukuppe village in Mandya district the heart land of vokkaliga politics sowed paddy saplings in a muddied agriculture field amidst a large gathering...
STATE EDITIONSView All
15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | Raipur
State of Chhattisgarh is moving faster from malnutrition to normal. But on the path, to achieve the target cooperation of all is required, said women and child development minister Ramsheela Sahu...